Is there anything more refreshing than a watermelon salad? This one features salty feta, cucumber, dill, and refreshing lime. A great salad to bring to parties or picnics and a delicious way to serve watermelon in a savoury sense. Enjoyed by kids and adults alike with a few simple ingredients, this 10 minute salad is not to be missed!
I love summer for a million different reasons, but all the fresh produce has to be at the top of my list. Watermelon is my all time favourite summer treat, with corn coming in a close second. While my kids love watermelon simply cut into wedges, I am always trying to think of new ways to serve watermelon to adults.
- Why you’ll love this recipe
- What ingredients are in watermelon salad?
- HOW DO YOU MAKE WATERMELON SALAD?
- How long does watermelon and feta salad last in the fridge?
- Watermelon Salad with Cucumber, Feta and Dill Recipe
Why you’ll love this recipe
Watermelon salad with feta cheese is one of those flavour combinations that sounds odd, but just works SO well together. Add some crisp and refreshing cucumbers and dill to the mix, and you’ve got a fresh and colourful side dish that everyone will love.
What ingredients are in watermelon salad?
- Seedless watermelon
- English cucumber
- Red onion
- Feta cheese
- Fresh dill
- Fresh lime juice
- Sea salt & fresh ground black pepper
HOW DO YOU MAKE WATERMELON SALAD?
For this recipe, you’ll need cubed watermelon, sliced cucumbers, crumbled feta cheese and dill. A simple lime dressing goes over the top of the salad and everything is tossed together for a fresh and colourful dish. The sweet watermelon with the salty feta is a flavour pairing that may sound unconventional, but it truly is amazing.
Just as a heads up, it can be temping to buy the pre-crumbled feta because it’s more easily available and ready to just dump into a salad. However, the blocks of feta are much more flavourful even if they take a touch more work to crumble up before adding to the dish. With this watermelon cucumber salad, any type of cucumber is fine. For the dill use one teaspoon of dried dill for every tablespoon of fresh dill.
How long does watermelon and feta salad last in the fridge?
Any leftover salad should be transferred to an airtight container and stored in the fridge. It’ll keep well this way for 3 or 4 days.
More Salad and Salad Dressing Recipes for Lunch:
- Strawberry Almond Salad with Honey Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Zesty Lime Salad Dressing
- Corn and Black Bean Quinoa Salad
- Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Healthy Broccoli Salad *POPULAR
- Easy Greek Quinoa Salad
- Berry and Spinach Salad with Balsamic Salad Dressing
- 1 small seedless watermelon, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 english cucumber
- 1/2 large red onion, halved and finely sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- Remove the skin from the watermelon and chop the flesh into 1cm cubes.
- Cut english cucumber into 1 cm pieces
- Peel and finely slice the red onion, crumble the feta, and finely chop the dill.
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and gently combine. Drizzle over a little lime juice and season with the salt and black pepper.
Any leftover watermelon salad should be transferred to an airtight container and stored in the fridge. It’ll keep well this way for 3 or 4 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 41Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
The provided nutrition information is an estimate and it does not take brands into account. I use an automatic API to calculate this information.