This Greek Quinoa Salad combines my favourite Greek Salad Dressing recipe with protein packed quinoa for the perfect make ahead lunch, side or main dish!
Made with fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, kalmata olives and of course quinoa, this quinoa salad is light, fresh and loved by everyone.
For all of the upcoming potlucks, showers, brunches, barbecues and weekend dinners (out on your deck with a glass of wine) in your life, let this Greek Quinoa Salad be your go-to dish. I’ve been making this salad for years because it’s so darn easy and the fresh and tangy ingredients are crazy addicting! Plus, quick and easy dishes are what we crave once the warmer weather finally arrives, right?
I have proof. We hit a totally unexpected 105 degrees on Sunday. While I baked in the sun for an hour and a half at my softball game, the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was stand over the stove or turn on the oven to make dinner. So I whipped up this refreshing salad and dinner was on the table in 15 minutes!
A HEALTHY QUINOA SALAD RECIPE EVERYONE WILL LOVE
This Greek quinoa salad is it’s so simple to put together and is definitely a crowd-pleaser. This quinoa is my new go-to for potlucks, BBQ’s, brunches and dinner parties. It even holds up great in the fridge after being dressed!
So what makes this Greek Quinoa Salad so Easy?
This quinoa salad is so easy to prepare it will quickly become one of your go-to quinoa recipes!
- Cook the quinoa, I use my instant pot (it’s really the best for light fluffy quinoa!)
- While the quinoa is cooking I chop up all the veggies into small pieces
- Add the quinoa, veggies, and feta cheese to a large mixing bowl
- Make the easy greek salad dressing and toss together with the salad
Greek Quinoa Salad Recipe tips and Variations
- If there’s any ingredient in this salad you’re not particularly a fan of, you can simply leave them out, or even replace them with something else.
- You can try adding black olives, parsley instead of basil, roasted red peppers or fresh red peppers…the possibilities here are endless!
- I like to prepare my quinoa in my instant pot in advance and keep in the fridge until it is completely cool before adding the other ingredients. This way the quinoa doesn’t warm up the salad.
- This salad is great to bring to a potluck, picnic or a bbq!
☀️ Celebrate Summer with this easy salad!
Summer Chipotle Chicken Cobb Salad
This delightful Summer Chipotle Chicken Cobb Salad boasts a combination of bold flavors and fresh ingredients. Imagine a harmonious blend of succulent chicken infused with the smoky allure of chipotle seasoning. Picture a vibrant medley of strawberries and blueberries dancing with creamy avocado on a bed of crisp mixed greens. It’s the ultimate summer salad that will leave you craving for more!
Peach Quinoa Salad
This Peach Quinoa Salad is a delicious salad for any summer party, or a great potluck dish! Double the recipe, because it goes fast!
Heart Healthy Mixed Bean Salad
Turn canned beans, lentils and chickpeas into a flavourful salad that will add a healthy boost to your meals. Perfect year round, this fibre-rich salad is a great way of incorporating legumes into your diet. This can be served as a side dish, perfect for potlucks or to make it a main for lunch serve it over spiralized cucumbers.
Greek Quinoa Salad Recipe
This Greek quinoa salad will be your new favourite salad recipe! It's fresh and light and perfect to enjoy as a meal or side!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1.5 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 cup greek salad dressing
- 1/2 english cucumber
- 1/4 red onion
- 1.5 cups grape tomatoes (cut in quarters)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup kalmata olives
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions using vegetable stock instead of water. (I like to prepare my quinoa in the instant pot: Spray inside of pot with cooking spray, rinse quinoa then place in instant pot, add in 1.5 cups of vegetable stock, pressure cook on high for 1 min, then natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release and fluff with a fork).
- Allow quinoa to cool in fridge for 30 minutes (or more).
- Cut veggies and toss in to cooled quinoa.
- Mix in feta cheese and olives.
- Pour in greek salad dressing and mix well.
Prepare your quinoa in advance and store it in the fridge to make this recipe even faster.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 226mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
More Heart Healthy Meal Ideas:
- Hawaiian Pasta Salad – This Hawaii Inspired Pasta Salad is a refreshing alternative to a Hawaiian Pizza that is perfect for lunch or to take to a cookout, or for a simple dinner at home with some grilled barbecued chicken.
- Strawberry Almond Salad with Honey Vinaigrette Dressing – An easy formula for this salad dressing that you can customize to your taste buds. Tangy, sweet, and delicious!
- Simple Zesty Lime Salad Dressing – This fresh and delicious Zesty Lime Salad Dressing can be used as a marinade for grilled chicken or seafood, or a dressing for your next salad. So Tasty!
- Peach Quinoa Salad – This Peach Quinoa Salad is a delicious salad for any summer party, or a great potluck dish! Double the recipe, because it goes fast!
- Healthy Broccoli Salad
- Heart Healthy Mixed Bean Salad