This Greek Quinoa Salad combines my favourite Greek Salad Dressing recipe with protein packed quinoa for the perfect make ahead lunch, side or main dish!
Made with fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, kalmata olives and of course quinoa, this quinoa salad is light, fresh and loved by everyone.
For all of the upcoming potlucks, showers, brunches, barbecues and weekend dinners (out on your deck with a glass of wine) in your life, let this Greek Quinoa Salad be your go-to dish. I’ve been making this salad for years because it’s so darn easy and the fresh and tangy ingredients are crazy addicting! Plus, quick and easy dishes are what we crave once the warmer weather finally arrives, right?
I have proof. We hit a totally unexpected 105 degrees on Sunday. While I baked in the sun for an hour and a half at my softball game, the last thing I wanted to do when I got home was stand over the stove or turn on the oven to make dinner. So I whipped up this refreshing salad and dinner was on the table in 15 minutes!
- A HEALTHY QUINOA SALAD RECIPE EVERYONE WILL LOVE
- So what makes this Greek Quinoa Salad so Easy?
- Greek Quinoa Salad Recipe tips and Variations
- Peach Quinoa Salad
- Mediterranean Lentil Salad
- Corn and Black Bean Quinoa Salad Recipe
- Heart Healthy Mixed Bean Salad
- Greek Quinoa Salad Recipe
A HEALTHY QUINOA SALAD RECIPE EVERYONE WILL LOVE
This Greek quinoa salad is it’s so simple to put together and is definitely a crowd-pleaser. This quinoa is my new go-to for potlucks, BBQ’s, brunches and dinner parties. It even holds up great in the fridge after being dressed!
So what makes this Greek Quinoa Salad so Easy?
- Cook the quinoa, I use my instant pot (it’s really the best for light fluffy quinoa!)
- While the quinoa is cooking I chop up all the veggies into small pieces
- Add the quinoa, veggies, and feta cheese to a large mixing bowl
- Make the easy greek salad dressing and toss together with the salad
Greek Quinoa Salad Recipe tips and Variations
- If there’s any ingredient in this salad you’re not particularly a fan of, you can simply leave them out, or even replace them with something else.
- You can try adding black olives, parsley instead of basil, roasted red peppers or fresh red peppers…the possibilities here are endless!
- I like to prepare my quinoa in my instant pot in advance and keep in the fridge until it is completely cool before adding the other ingredients. This way the quinoa doesn’t warm up the salad.
- This salad is great to bring to a potluck, picnic or a bbq!
❄️ Celebrate Winter with this easy salad!
With the festive hues of red beets, green arugula, and golden slivered almonds, this Christmas salad recipe is a celebration of flavors and a feast for the eyes that will make your holiday spread merry and bright!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1.5 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 cup greek salad dressing
- 1/2 english cucumber
- 1/4 red onion
- 1.5 cups grape tomatoes (cut in quarters)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup kalmata olives
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions using vegetable stock instead of water. (I like to prepare my quinoa in the instant pot: Spray inside of pot with cooking spray, rinse quinoa then place in instant pot, add in 1.5 cups of vegetable stock, pressure cook on high for 1 min, then natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release and fluff with a fork).
- Allow quinoa to cool in fridge for 30 minutes (or more).
- Cut veggies and toss in to cooled quinoa.
- Mix in feta cheese and olives.
- Pour in greek salad dressing and mix well.
Prepare your quinoa in advance and store it in the fridge to make this recipe even faster.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 226mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
More Heart Healthy Meal Ideas:
- Hawaiian Pasta Salad – This Hawaii Inspired Pasta Salad is a refreshing alternative to a Hawaiian Pizza that is perfect for lunch or to take to a cookout, or for a simple dinner at home with some grilled barbecued chicken.
- Strawberry Almond Salad with Honey Vinaigrette Dressing – An easy formula for this salad dressing that you can customize to your taste buds. Tangy, sweet, and delicious!
- Simple Zesty Lime Salad Dressing – This fresh and delicious Zesty Lime Salad Dressing can be used as a marinade for grilled chicken or seafood, or a dressing for your next salad. So Tasty!
- Peach Quinoa Salad – This Peach Quinoa Salad is a delicious salad for any summer party, or a great potluck dish! Double the recipe, because it goes fast!
- Healthy Broccoli Salad
- Heart Healthy Mixed Bean Salad