This weekend I took the girls to the Milton Farmer’s Market and the market was full of fresh peaches. They looked so yummy and delicious that I couldn’t resist buying some. Then later that night we went to a BBQ so I thought “Hey! Why don’t I make a peach quinoa salad with my peaches”. So that’s what I did.
Peaches are one of my favourite summer fruit – they have such a unique flavour and are very versatile, there are so many things you can make with peaches!
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tsp. agave nectar or honey
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 fresh Peaches, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- Mix the first 5 ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- Add the other ingredients together in a larger bowl.
- Mix in the dressing. Garnish with parsley. Serve.
I brought the salad to the BBQ and unfortunately there wasn’t very much left over for me to take home so I’m going to have to make up another batch to take up to Barrie for Ragnar Trail. Which brings me to my September goals…
- Run more often – there are 4 weeks of September this year, so my goal is to go for 16 runs (4 runs/week). EDIT – at an average of 7km/run I’m aiming to run 115km or more this month.
- Strength train – more go to my boot camp class at lunch 7 times this month (2 classes/week).
- Less alcohol – resist the urge to have a beer in the evenings (unfortunately this might be the hardest goal to accomplish)
- Nutrition – more protein, less baked goods and log my meals with Myfitnesspal.
Races in September
I have one “race” this month. On Friday-Saturday this week I’ll be participating in Ragnar Trail Cottage Country with my team “Chek Squad”. This is a three loop relay style trail race. Each runner will run each of the loops one after another until all team mates have run the three loops. The total distance each runner will run is 24km – my 115km goal for the month includes this distance.
And for my second outfit I picked out another open back shirt (I really like the open back because they feel nice and cool while running) and a pair of short. This one is the Nike Women’s Breathe Elevated Running Short Sleeve Shirt, and the shorts are Nike Women’s Flex Revival Shorts:
August was all about being more consistent with my training and working harder to lose some weight. I lost 4lbs and 2% body fat! I also set a goal of running 4 times a week, and to hopefully run a total of 100km. Guess what?
I did it!
Have a great week!
How was your training last month? What are your goals for September?
Join the #MOTIVATEME link up!
The “rules” are simple:
1. Every Monday share your fitness, nutrition plan etc by linking them up. All you will need is your post’s URL, and a photo you would like to attach.
2. Posts that aren’t related will be deleted.
4. Read what the other linkers are sharing, Visit at least 2 other bloggers’ posts and share some support by commenting and engaging with each other. The more you support, the more support you will get back.
Pin this recipe for later: