One of my most favourite go-to salad dressings is this easy Greek Salad Dressing Recipe. Made with easy to find ingredients it’s not only great as a dressing for Greek salad but also for pasta salads, quinoa salads or as a marinade for chicken. It is delicious, simple, and especially good on my Greek Quinoa Salad.
Who buys bottled salad dressing anymore? I rarely do- maybe a bottle of ranch or blue cheese for a batch of wings, but generally speaking, I concoct my own salad dressings. Home made salad dressings are always a hit when I share them but while perusing the ones I’ve already posted, I realized that there was a big ol’ hole where a nice Greek Salad Dressing should be! So I decided to remedy that today by sharing my favorite recipe for homemade Greek dressing that’s zippy, zesty, and loaded with flavour.
Greek dressing is a fantastic marinade, I use it for veggies, fish (especially salmon), pork and chicken (on kabobs or whole), and shrimp. You could drizzle it over tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocado as a salad, or even over eggs. We especially love it in my Greek Quinoa Salad and my Greek Pasta Salad. This Greek dressing really is multipurpose!
- What You’ll Need to Make Greek Salad Dressing:
- How to make Greek Salad Dressing:
- Peach Quinoa Salad
- Mediterranean Lentil Salad
- Corn and Black Bean Quinoa Salad Recipe
- Heart Healthy Mixed Bean Salad
- Easy Greek Salad Dressing
- Recommended Products
- More Salad and Salad Dressing Recipes for Lunch:
- Creamy Ranch BLT Pasta Salad
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad with Bacon and Almonds
- Crazy Good Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Corn and Black Bean Quinoa Salad Recipe
What You’ll Need to Make Greek Salad Dressing:
Extra virgin olive oil, oregano, garlic, lemon juice and salt are all staples in this dressing. I typically use red wine vinegar, but you could use any vinegar you have in your pantry.
I also use Lemon juice for a great crisp, fresh taste that only lemons can give.
Fresh herbs can quickly jazz up this dressing. Rosemary, parsley, and thyme, would be perfect!
You could also add crumbled feta or a grated hard cheese to this dressing to make a cheesy vinaigrette.
How to make Greek Salad Dressing:
With just the right hint of lemon and garlic this Greek dressing comes together in 5 minutes in a mason jar (if you have one) or any container with a lid. It will truly leave you craving more salad!!
This healthy Vegan Spring Minestrone soup recipe is a delicious celebration of spring vegetables. Asparagus, kale, and fennel all shine in this simple and delicious minestrone soup.
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Measure all ingredients into a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake vigorously until well-blended and emulsified. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt and pepper if necessary. (Alternatively, you may whisk the ingredients together in a bowl, process the ingredients in a mini food processor, or blend them together in a blender.) Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator; allow to come to room temperature and shake well before using.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
More Salad and Salad Dressing Recipes for Lunch:
- Strawberry Almond Salad with Honey Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Zesty Lime Salad Dressing
- Corn and Black Bean Quinoa Salad
- Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Healthy Broccoli Salad *POPULAR
- Easy Greek Quinoa Salad
- Berry and Spinach Salad with Balsamic Salad Dressing
The perfect fresh side dish for any potluck, this Creamy Ranch BLT Pasta Salad not only has juicy cherry tomatoes, chopped bacon, and —you guessed it—crisp romaine, but is made even better by a lightened up greek yogurt ranch dressing.
Homemade Healthy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing recipe. A DIY, Clean, simple and easy recipe using pantry staples. Can be made thicker to use as a dip. Tastes amazing- use for low carb, skinny or weight watchers to top a salad. This is a super flavorful ranch dressing made from scratch! Learn how simple it is to make your own ranch dressing at home!
Broccoli Cauliflower Salad with Bacon and Almonds is filled with fresh broccoli florets, crunchy cauliflower, almonds and red onions, tender bacon pieces and slivered carrots – a flavourful, colourful, healthy, and ideal salad for a BBQ or a picnic.
These crazy good homemade salad dressing recipes are super easy to make — from a basic balsamic vinaigrette to peanut, honey mustard and cilantro lime, these delicious homemade dressings will take your salads to the next level!
Greek Pasta Salad, out of all the pasta salads to have in your recipe box, this is one of the best to wow a crowd! Cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, onion and feta cheese are mixed with pasta and drizzled with a homemade Greek salad dressing to create this colorful and appetizing pasta salad!
This delicious and healthy corn and black bean quinoa salad is the perfect summer salad! It can be eaten alone, as a side dish, or in a wrap. Add chicken for some extra protein, avocado for some healthy fats or enjoy as is!