One of my most favourite go-to salad dressings is this easy Greek Salad Dressing Recipe. Made with easy to find ingredients it’s not only great as a dressing for Greek salad but also for pasta salads, quinoa salads or as a marinade for chicken. It is delicious, simple, and especially good on my Greek Quinoa Salad.
Who buys bottled salad dressing anymore? I rarely do- maybe a bottle of ranch or blue cheese for a batch of wings, but generally speaking, I concoct my own salad dressings. Home made salad dressings are always a hit when I share them but while perusing the ones I’ve already posted, I realized that there was a big ol’ hole where a nice Greek Salad Dressing should be! So I decided to remedy that today by sharing my favorite recipe for homemade Greek dressing that’s zippy, zesty, and loaded with flavour.
Greek dressing is a fantastic marinade, I use it for veggies, fish (especially salmon), pork and chicken (on kabobs or whole), and shrimp. You could drizzle it over tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocado as a salad, or even over eggs. We especially love it in my Greek Quinoa Salad and my Greek Pasta Salad. This Greek dressing really is multipurpose!
- What You’ll Need to Make Greek Salad Dressing:
- How to make Greek Salad Dressing:
- Peach Quinoa Salad
- Mediterranean Lentil Salad
- Corn and Black Bean Quinoa Salad Recipe
- Heart Healthy Mixed Bean Salad
- Easy Greek Salad Dressing Recipe
- More Salad and Salad Dressing Recipes for Lunch:
What You’ll Need to Make Greek Salad Dressing:
Extra virgin olive oil, oregano, garlic, lemon juice and salt are all staples in this dressing. I typically use red wine vinegar, but you could use any vinegar you have in your pantry.
I also use Lemon juice for a great crisp, fresh taste that only lemons can give.
Fresh herbs can quickly jazz up this dressing. Rosemary, parsley, and thyme, would be perfect!
You could also add crumbled feta or a grated hard cheese to this dressing to make a cheesy vinaigrette.
How to make Greek Salad Dressing:
With just the right hint of lemon and garlic this Greek dressing comes together in 5 minutes in a mason jar (if you have one) or any container with a lid. It will truly leave you craving more salad!!
❄️ Celebrate Winter with this easy salad!
With the festive hues of red beets, green arugula, and golden slivered almonds, this Christmas salad recipe is a celebration of flavors and a feast for the eyes that will make your holiday spread merry and bright!
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Measure all ingredients into a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake vigorously until well-blended and emulsified. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt and pepper if necessary. (Alternatively, you may whisk the ingredients together in a bowl, process the ingredients in a mini food processor, or blend them together in a blender.) Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator; allow to come to room temperature and shake well before using.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
More Salad and Salad Dressing Recipes for Lunch:
- Strawberry Almond Salad with Honey Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Zesty Lime Salad Dressing
- Corn and Black Bean Quinoa Salad
- Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Healthy Broccoli Salad *POPULAR
- Easy Greek Quinoa Salad
- Berry and Spinach Salad with Balsamic Salad Dressing
When it comes to creating a delicious, healthy meal, a Low Sodium Turkey Burrito Salad Bowl is a fantastic option. This dish offers all the flavors you crave in a burrito bowl but with a heart healthy lower sodium twist.
Imagine a vibrant kale salad party on your plate, where crisp bacon, creamy balsamic vinaigrette, and a symphony of flavors come together for a wholesome shindig. This healthy sensation features nutrient-packed kale, sweet apples, and antioxidant-rich blueberries, all dancing harmoniously with crispy bacon and a luscious goat cheese twist. It’s a taste explosion, and your taste buds are on the guest list!
Our Apple Coleslaw Salad is a unique fall twist that is a delightful blend of tangy Granny Smith apples and a sweet, heated dressing that will make your taste buds dance. It’s perfect for those crisp fall days when you’re craving something with a little extra zing. Get ready for a flavor-packed party in your…
This Classic French Tuna Nicoise Salad with Dijon Dressing is a delightful medley of fresh Roma tomatoes, crisp green beans, tender red potatoes, and creamy hard-boiled eggs, all artfully arranged and topped with briny Niçoise olives and savory canned tuna. Drizzled with a zesty Dijon vinaigrette, it’s a taste of the Mediterranean that combines vibrant flavors and textures in every bite.
Bursting with flavors, colors, and that satisfying crunch we all love, this vegan thai noodle salad is a true celebration of freshness and plant-based goodness. Whether you’re a seasoned vegan, a curious foodie, or just on the hunt for a wholesome and tasty meal, you’re in for a treat. So, grab your chopping board, toss on your apron, and let’s make a healthy salad that will leave your taste buds dancing and your tummy smiling!
Indulge in the flavors of the season with our Grilled Peach Summer Salad! Arugula and pistachios complement the juicy peaches, creating a refreshing and elegant dish perfect for your late summer BBQs. Get ready to savor the taste of sunshine!