One of my most favourite go-to salad dressings is this easy Greek Salad Dressing Recipe. Made with easy to find ingredients it’s not only great as a dressing for Greek salad but also for pasta salads, quinoa salads or as a marinade for chicken. It is delicious, simple, and especially good on my Greek Quinoa Salad.
Who buys bottled salad dressing anymore? I rarely do- maybe a bottle of ranch or blue cheese for a batch of wings, but generally speaking, I concoct my own salad dressings. Home made salad dressings are always a hit when I share them but while perusing the ones I’ve already posted, I realized that there was a big ol’ hole where a nice Greek Salad Dressing should be! So I decided to remedy that today by sharing my favorite recipe for homemade Greek dressing that’s zippy, zesty, and loaded with flavour.
Greek dressing is a fantastic marinade, I use it for veggies, fish (especially salmon), pork and chicken (on kabobs or whole), and shrimp. You could drizzle it over tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocado as a salad, or even over eggs. We especially love it in my Greek Quinoa Salad and my Greek Pasta Salad. This Greek dressing really is multipurpose!
- What You’ll Need to Make Greek Salad Dressing:
- How to make Greek Salad Dressing:
- Stay warm on this chilly fall day:
- Creamy Gnocchi Bacon Soup
- Peach Quinoa Salad
- Mediterranean Lentil Salad
- Corn and Black Bean Quinoa Salad Recipe
- Heart Healthy Mixed Bean Salad
- Easy Greek Salad Dressing
- Recommended Products
- More Salad and Salad Dressing Recipes for Lunch:
- Layered Cobb Salad Trifle
- Easy Creamy Coleslaw with Grapes
- 19 Refreshing Summer Salad Recipes
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Salad
- Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad
- Creamy Ranch BLT Pasta Salad
What You’ll Need to Make Greek Salad Dressing:
Extra virgin olive oil, oregano, garlic, lemon juice and salt are all staples in this dressing. I typically use red wine vinegar, but you could use any vinegar you have in your pantry.
I also use Lemon juice for a great crisp, fresh taste that only lemons can give.
Fresh herbs can quickly jazz up this dressing. Rosemary, parsley, and thyme, would be perfect!
You could also add crumbled feta or a grated hard cheese to this dressing to make a cheesy vinaigrette.
How to make Greek Salad Dressing:
With just the right hint of lemon and garlic this Greek dressing comes together in 5 minutes in a mason jar (if you have one) or any container with a lid. It will truly leave you craving more salad!!
Stay warm on this chilly fall day:
Gnocchi’s plump, pillowy texture and mild, delicate flavor make them perfect for rich, hearty soups like this Creamy Bacon, Corn and Gnocchi Soup. This soup is so comforting and delicious…it’ll warm you inside and out. One of the best soups that I have made in a long time. Enjoy!
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Measure all ingredients into a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake vigorously until well-blended and emulsified. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt and pepper if necessary. (Alternatively, you may whisk the ingredients together in a bowl, process the ingredients in a mini food processor, or blend them together in a blender.) Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator; allow to come to room temperature and shake well before using.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
More Salad and Salad Dressing Recipes for Lunch:
- Strawberry Almond Salad with Honey Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Zesty Lime Salad Dressing
- Corn and Black Bean Quinoa Salad
- Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Healthy Broccoli Salad *POPULAR
- Easy Greek Quinoa Salad
- Berry and Spinach Salad with Balsamic Salad Dressing
This beautiful Layered Cobb Salad Trifle is easy to make and is loaded with hearty protein. This twist on the classic cobb salad is EIGHT delicious layers of lettuce, topped with grilled chicken, tomatoes, boiled eggs, homemade dressing, crispy bacon, crumbled blue cheese and green onions. This is a fun healthy summer salad for a BBQ lunch or dinner gathering, made in less than 30 minutes.
This is simply the Best Ever Creamy Coleslaw with Grapes recipe! This easy homemade creamy coleslaw recipe is much lighter on the dressing and is significantly tastier than store-bought because of the grapes and sunflower seeds and almonds. This unique coleslaw is a great summer BBQ side dish for your summer potluck!! Everyone will enjoy this healthy coleslaw recipe!
Summer is right around the corner, and that means barbecue season! Whether you’re searching for a healthy summer salad recipe, making summer salads for a crowd at your next outdoor gathering or just trying to put dinner on the table without having to turn on your oven, I’ve got you covered! Here are 19 refreshing summer salad recipes for you to try!
Featuring red, white and blue ingredients this super fun fruit salad is the perfect way to add a healthy 4th of July salad to your holiday table. This is sure to make you the life of the party.
Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad – Chipotle seasoned chicken tossed with all your favorite southwestern fixings in an edible crispy taco bowl. An incredibly delicious salad with a south western bite! Why you’ll love this Chipotle Chicken Salad Recipe Why you’ll love this Ingredients for Seasoned Chicken Breasts Fo the chicken: 2 Chicken breastsSaltCuminChili powderGarlic powder Ingredients…
The perfect fresh side dish for any potluck, this Creamy Ranch BLT Pasta Salad not only has juicy cherry tomatoes, chopped bacon, and —you guessed it—crisp romaine, but is made even better by a lightened up greek yogurt ranch dressing.