Greek Pasta Salad, out of all the pasta salads to have in your recipe box, this is one of the best to wow a crowd! Cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, onion and feta cheese are mixed with pasta and drizzled with a homemade Greek salad dressing to create this colorful and appetizing pasta salad!
Why you’ll love this Greek Pasta Salad recipe
There’s seriously so much flavor here – there’s salty olives and feta, cool cucumbers and juicy tomatoes and a light greek dressing that is a far cry from the gloppy mayo-laden ones you might find on the average picnic table. There’s nothing wrong with the classic BBQ macaroni salad when you need a potluck or picnic side, but in the same amount of time you can make this pasta salad, which (thanks to a bunch of Mediterranean-inspired add-ins) is a whole lot more interesting.
This pasta salad is just as good at room temp as it is chilled, which is great news because it means you can get to eating it even faster. It won’t take you any more time to make than it does to boil the noodles so it’s a great option to work into weekly meal prep – you don’t need to wait for a potluck to enjoy this kind of deliciousness!
What Ingredients will you need for Greek Pasta Salad?
- Small pasta shells
- 1 cup greek salad dressing
- English cucumber
- Red onion
- Grape tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- Kalmata olives
For the Greek Salad Dressing you will need:
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to make Greek Pasta Salad
Making this salad is as easy as cooking pasta, chopping vegetables, mixing the dressing, and then combining it all together!
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Allow pasta to cool in fridge for 30 minutes (or more), or rinse with cold water.
- Cut veggies and toss in to cooled pasta.
- Mix in feta cheese and olives.
- Pour in greek salad dressing and mix well.
Make this Greek Pasta Salad, then check out my Montreal Steak Salad with Pears, Cranberries and Honey Mustard Dressing, Roasted Asparagus Caesar Salad, and Classic Waldorf Salad and more of my healthy salad dressing recipes.
I use this pasta salad as a side dish, but you could also add grilled or roasted chicken to it for a very simple meal! Serve it chilled.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad Recipe tips and Variations
- If there’s any ingredient in this salad you’re not particularly a fan of, you can simply leave them out, or even replace them with something else.
- You can try adding black olives, parsley instead of basil, roasted red peppers or fresh red peppers…the possibilities here are endless!
- I like to prepare my pasta in my instant pot then rinse it until it is completely cool before adding the other ingredients. This way the pasta doesn’t warm up the salad.
- This salad is great to bring to a potluck, picnic or a bbq!
Other Summer Salad recipes to try
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- Hawaiian Pasta Salad
- Feta Bruschetta Pasta Salad
- Watermelon, Feta and Dill Salad
- Refreshing Cucumber Summer Salad
- 2 cups small pasta shells
- 1 cup greek salad dressing
- 1/2 english cucumber
- 1/4 red onion
- 1.5 cups grape tomatoes (cut in quarters)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup kalmata olives
Prepare pasta according to package directions.
Allow pasta to cool in fridge for 30 minutes (or more), or rinse with cold water.
Cut veggies and toss in to cooled pasta.
Mix in feta cheese and olives.
Pour in greek salad dressing and mix well.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g