This quick and easy Feta Bruschetta Pasta Salad packs bold flavours to pair perfectly with your summer grilling feasts and is sure to be a big hit at your next BBQ or cookout.
Feta Bruschetta Pasta Salad
I am SOOOOOOO excited that the warmer weather is FINALLY here!!! The girls hockey seasons just ended and their outdoor softball seasons start this week. This means it’s officially BBQ season! With BBQ season comes potlucks, cookouts, tailgating and yes lots of BBQ’s!
And do you know what’s perfect for a BBQ potluck?!? Pasta salad!
But not just any boring old pasta salad, Feta Bruschetta Pasta Salad! This Feta Bruschetta Pasta Salad is sure to please a crowd because it’s packed with the fresh bold flavours of basil, cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and feta cheese.
To Make Feta Bruschetta Pasta Salad You Will Need:
- Fresh Basil
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Green Onions
- Red Onion
- Feta Cheese
- Bowtie Pasta
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
While making this salad is soooo easy, your friends will be impressed because it tastes soooooo good!
To make this salad you chop up the tomatoes, onions and basil, mince the garlic and combine with the feta cheese, olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Then, while those ingredients are resting in a bowl in your fridge you cook the bow tie pasta. Once the the pasta is cooked, rinse it under cold water. Then combine the veggies with the pasta in a bowl, chill for an hour then serve.
That’s it! Your Feta Bruschetta Pasta Salad is ready! How easy was that?!?
Enjoy this salad with a glass of your favourite wine, preferably on the deck on a sunny summer afternoon. 🙂
If you’re looking for a healthy summer salad then look no further because I’ve got a DELICIOUS recipe for you!
This Strawberry Feta and Mint Salad Recipe is super refreshing and the perfect balance between savory and sweet…the sweet honey homemade dressing is absolutely delicious! Enjoy this summertime salad with your favourite BBQ protein, or add grilled chicken for a complete dinner salad.
- 3 cups bow tie pasta, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp red onion, chopped finely
- 1 –2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, garlic, chopped basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and feta cheese.
- Let this mixture rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Then toss the tomato mixture with the cooked noodles.
- Season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
You can serve and enjoy this recipe right away, or let it rest for up to an hour before enjoying!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 178mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
More Heart Healthy Lunch Ideas:
- Hawaiian Pasta Salad – This Hawaii Inspired Pasta Salad is a refreshing alternative to a Hawaiian Pizza that is perfect for lunch or to take to a cookout, or for a simple dinner at home with some grilled barbecued chicken.
- Strawberry Almond Salad with Honey Vinaigrette Dressing – An easy formula for this salad dressing that you can customize to your taste buds. Tangy, sweet, and delicious!
- Simple Zesty Lime Salad Dressing – This fresh and delicious Zesty Lime Salad Dressing can be used as a marinade for grilled chicken or seafood, or a dressing for your next salad. So Tasty!
- Peach Quinoa Salad – This Peach Quinoa Salad is a delicious salad for any summer party, or a great potluck dish! Double the recipe, because it goes fast!
- Healthy Broccoli Salad
- Heart Healthy Mixed Bean Salad