This easy summer Cucumber Salad with Vinegar is the best and made easy with thinly sliced cucumbers and red onions! You’ll love the light, refreshing dressing!
Summer is officially here and I’m looking forward to all of the upcoming potlucks! Mostly I’m dreaming of all the side dishes. I love a good side dish more than a main most of the time. This summer cucumber and onion salad is one of the first recipes I came up with myself, I don’t know why it’s taken me so long to share this with you. It’s a great salad for picnics or potlucks. Some other easy and healthy dishes you can enjoy are: Feta Bruschetta Pasta Salad, Hawaiian Pasta Salad and Berry and Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette. But I recommend my Summer Cucumber Salad with Vinegar the most because I always come home with an empty bowl!
This Cucumber Salad is super simple to make and very healthy. There is no cooking involved just a few preparations here and there. All you need is to cut up a few ingredients, and you have your instant salad.
You can enjoy it as is, or if you are grilling something, it goes really well with all kind of meats. This is our favourite salad especially when the grilling season comes around. Simply toss it with a sweet and tangy vinaigrette, or some olive or sesame oil.
Summer Cucmber Salad Recipe Tips and Notes:
- Use a mandoline slicer to ribbon cut the cucumbers and slice the onions. This way you will have evenly and thin cut ingredients.
- For added flavor, add some fresh cilantro, parsley, or dill to it.
- Also, you can use any onion type available, such as red, yellow or white.
- Just make enough salad for the people that you are feeding. If you are unsure of the amount to prepare, cut up a whole bunch of cucumber but toss only half of it first with the dressing.
- If you have leftover dressing, transfer it to a jar or an airtight container and store in the fridge to about 1 week.
- Also, toss the cucumber with the dressing at the last minute to keep it fresh. Cucumber tends to water when mixed with other ingredients and sits for a longer time. Remember, cucumber is 96% water.
This simple recipe for Apple Caramel Cheesecake Dip is the perfect fall snack, appetizer or dessert for any occasion! Cream cheese, brown sugar, caramel, Skor chocolate bars and apples. This dessert is always a big hit!
- 2 small English cucumbers
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Ribbon cut cucumbers (I use a Paderno Vegetable Slicer).
- Thinly slice red onion.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl; toss to combine.
- Refrigerate, covered, about 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 28Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 91mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
More Salad and Salad Dressing Recipes for Lunch:
- Strawberry Almond Salad with Honey Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Zesty Lime Salad Dressing
- Corn and Black Bean Quinoa Salad
- Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Healthy Broccoli Salad *POPULAR
- Easy Greek Quinoa Salad
- Berry and Spinach Salad with Balsamic Salad Dressing