A high protein steak salad with a simple, homemade honey mustard salad dressing that takes just minutes to make using pantry staples you likely already have on hand. Perfectly seasoned grilled steak, honey mustard dressing with pears and cranberries takes steak salad to a whole new level of deliciousness. Your fork is waiting!
Why you’ll love this recipe
Looking for a new and easy way to enjoy a salad that is perfect for the steak lover? Well friends, this is it?! This Montreal Steak Salad recipe is filled to the brim with deliciousness and is always a favorite when I serve it.
This steak salad recipe comes together so quickly and easily and is always a crowd pleaser. The key to this steak salad recipe is the balance of flavors in the salad. From the rich flavor of the steak to the creaminess of the honey mustard salad dressing and the delicious pears, this salad really hits all of the notes for a delicious meal.
Ingredients for the Honey Mustard Dressing
Homemade salad dressings are so easy to make – and this honey mustard dressing is no different. These are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Yellow Mustard
- Liquid Honey
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
Ingredients for the Steak Salad
These are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Top Sirloin Beef
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Baby Spinach
- Dried Cranberries
- Bartlett Pear
How to make Montreal Steak Seasoning
Not all stores carry Montreal Steak seasoning mix *affiliate link, but that’s ok because you can either get it from Amazon, or you can make your own. To make your own Montreal Steak Seasoning combine all of the following spices together:
- 4 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp onion flakes
- 1⁄2 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1⁄2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1⁄2 tbsp dried dill
- 1 tsp garlic flakes
How long does homemade honey mustard dressing last?
Tightly covered honey dijon salad dressing can last for up to three weeks in the fridge.
Other salad and salad dressing recipes to try
- Crazy Good Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes
- Creamy Avocado and Lime Salad Dressing Recipe
- 31 Healthy Fall Salad Recipes
- 9 Spring Salads and Recipes
If you’re looking for a healthy summer salad then look no further because I’ve got a DELICIOUS recipe for you!
This Strawberry Feta and Mint Salad Recipe is super refreshing and the perfect balance between savory and sweet…the sweet honey homemade dressing is absolutely delicious! Enjoy this summertime salad with your favourite BBQ protein, or add grilled chicken for a complete dinner salad.
For the Steak Salad
- 340g Top Sirloin Beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 3 cups Arugula
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 Bartlett Pear
Honey Dijon Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup Yellow Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Honey
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the Steak Salad
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to skillet; swirl to coat.
- If steak is not already sliced, slice steak into thin slices against the grain.
- Whisk egg in a bowl and coat sirloin steak strips in egg.
- In a separate bowl, toss egg coated steak strips with Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- Fry coated and seasoned steak in skillet, moving around a few times until browned (about 3-5 minutes).
For Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- Add the mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, olive oil, and salt & pepper to a mason jar, small bowl, or drinking glass. Shake (or stir/whisk) well until combined. Give it a taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
- In a bowl, combine Arugula and Baby Spinach. Divide greens, steak, sliced pear and dried cranberries to 4 plates. Drizzle with Honey Mustard salad dressing.
To store dijon dressing:
Tightly covered dressing lasts for up to three weeks in the fridge.
As a substitute for Montreal Steak Seasoning, use this mix:
4 tsp salt, course
1 tbsp pepper, cracked 1 tbsp onion flakes
1⁄2 tbsp red pepper flakes, crushed
1⁄2 tbsp thyme, dried
1⁄2 tbsp rosemary, dried
1⁄2 tbsp coriander seeds 1⁄2 tbsp dill, dried
1 tsp garlic flakes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 521Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 3221mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 6gSugar: 28gProtein: 28g