Spring is finally starting to arrive here in Southern Ontario, bringing with it sun, tree buds and birds… a perfect time for a little housecleaning and a return to healthy eating. If you’re like me, you exist through the winter months in hibernation mode, hiding from the cold weather, staying warm and eating all.the.comfort.food!
Now that Spring is here it’s time to shed that winter coat and get outdoors. A Spring detox is the perfect way to welcome the Spring weather. With fresh produce in full bounty there’s no better time to do it!
- Tips for a Spring detox
Spring detox salads and recipes to try
- Spring Green Salad with Asparagus and Radishes
- Vegan Buddha Bowl with Peanut Dressing Recipe
- Avocado Chicken Salad
- Spring Salad with Homemade Green Goddess Dressing
- Basmati Rice Salad with Mint and Edamame
- Montreal Steak Salad with Pears, Cranberries and Honey Mustard Dressing
- Chickpea omelette with spinach and spring peas [vegan+gluten-free]
- Spring Detox Cauliflower Salad
- Roasted Sweet Corn and Quinoa Taco Salad
- Vegan Rice Paper Spring Rolls
- Strawberry Cucumber Spinach Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Roasted Radishes and Carrots with Thyme and Lemon
- Cranberry Blueberry Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Dressing
- Steak with Vegetables (One Skillet)
- What’s your favourite Spring recipe?
Tips for a Spring detox
Spring is a great time to refresh your body and mind with a detox. Here are some tips for a spring detox:
- Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water is important to flush out toxins from your body. Aim for at least 8 glasses of water per day.
- Eat clean: Focus on eating fresh, whole foods such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. Avoid processed and packaged foods that contain preservatives and artificial ingredients.
- Reduce sugar and caffeine intake: Both sugar and caffeine can cause energy crashes and disrupt your sleep. Try reducing your intake of these substances to feel more energized.
- Exercise: Exercise helps to boost your metabolism and improve circulation, which can help to eliminate toxins from your body. Aim for at least 30 minutes of exercise per day.
- Get plenty of sleep: Getting enough sleep is crucial for your body to repair and rejuvenate. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
- Practice mindfulness: Take some time each day to practice mindfulness, such as meditation, deep breathing, or yoga. This can help to reduce stress and promote overall wellness.
- Consider a cleanse: If you feel like you need an extra boost, consider doing a short cleanse or fast under the guidance of a healthcare professional.
Remember that everyone’s body is different, so it’s important to listen to your body and make adjustments as needed. And always consult with a healthcare professional before making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle.
Here’s my plan for a Spring Detox:
Yes: Veggies, fruit, nuts, water and plenty of fresh, organic, local produce
No: Sugar, alcohol, caffeine, gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, peanuts, artificial sweeteners
Water: Half my body weight in ounces daily