Making this air fryer chicken parmesan is easy to do and takes half the time than it does in the conventional oven. Crispy and delicious! Garnish with parsley, serve with this Easy Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe or some pasta and enjoy!!
Subscribe to Salads for Lunch to get a FREE salad cookbook and new salad recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
Also stay in touch on: Instagram | TikTok | Pinterest & Facebook.
Why you’ll love this air fryer chicken breast recipe
This air fryer chicken parmesan recipe is delish!! This Healthy Chicken Parmesan is breaded with a delicious Italian style bread crumbs and shredded parmesan cheese. Although it is air-fried without any oil at all, it still comes out super moist and crispy golden brown – it tastes just like traditional chicken Parmesan. This super easy recipe requires only a few ingredients and can be ready in just 15 minutes!
This recipe can be enjoyed on its own, with a fresh side salad, broccoli made in the air fryer or on top of a serving of hot pasta. No matter how you serve it, it’s sure to be a hit!
What ingredients do you need to make Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan?
To make chicken parmesan in the air fryer you’ll only need these 6 simple ingredients found at any grocery store:
- Chicken breasts
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Italian style bread crumbs
- Marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese. shredded
How do you make Chicken Parmesan in an air fryer?
This delish recipe for Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan comes together in just 5 steps and 15 minutes!
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg
- Then dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with remaining pieces of chicken.
- Place chicken breasts in single layer inside of preheated air fryer basket (360 degrees F) and cook for 6 minutes.
- Flip the chicken breasts over and top with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Air fry for an addition 3-4 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degree F.
Garnish with parsley, serve with Easy Air Fryer Broccoli, then check out our Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries and more of my air fryer recipes.
Cut your chicken in half lengthwise – you want your chicken parm thinner, and flatter than a whole chicken breast.
Other air fryer recipes to try
- Easy Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
- Air Fryer Poached Eggs Recipe for Eggs Benedict
- Easy Air Fryer Home Fries Recipe for Breakfast
- Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Easy Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Making this air fryer chicken parmesan is easy to do and takes half the time than it does in the conventional oven. Tender, juicy, and delicious! Garnish with parsley, serve with Easy Air Fryer Broccoli and enjoy!!
- 2 - 8 oz chicken breasts
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat Air Fryer to 360 degrees F for 3 minutes.
- Butterfly cut chicken breasts in half, lengthwise and trim.
- Pound the chicken breasts into thinner pieces that are the same thickness.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- In another medium sized mixing bowl whisk the eggs together.
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg and then dredge in the breadcrumb and Parmesan cheese mixture. Repeat with remaining pieces of chicken.
- Place breaded chicken breasts in a single layer inside of the air fryer basket. If you are using a smaller air fryer you may need to cook in batches.
- Add chicken breasts to preheated Air Fryer and cook for 6 minutes.
- Flip the chicken breasts over and top with marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese. Air fry for an addition 3-4 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degree F.
- Set aside and keep warm, repeat with remaining 2 pieces
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 409Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 205mgSodium: 634mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 47g