This instant pot Seafood Chowder is rich and hearty, super filling and a total comfort food. You’ll wow everyone with this simple Seafood Chowder recipe that only takes 30 minutes to make!
When the weather requires a sweater, I love to warm things up by diving into Instant Pot Seafood Chowder! Chock full of seafood, spices, and potatoes, this soup will fill you up with tasty goodness. What’s even better, it is SO simple to make and only takes a short amount of time to prepare. Hearty and healthy, this is a MUST try!
💕 Why you’ll love this Instant Pot Seafood Chowder
This recipe for Instant Pot Seafood Chowder reminds me of the chunky, hearty, creamy chowders you get in Maine and the upper northeast. Those can be quite heavy though. Without losing that taste and texture, this chowder is a bit healthier than those much more cream-heavy ones.
Whenever I make this there are no leftovers. In my house no leftovers means the meal was good! Other meals where we have no leftovers is my Easy Cheesy Tuna Casserole, my Homemade Creamy Macaroni and Cheese and my Homemade Shepherd’s Pie. After you’ve made this Seafood Chowder, you may want to come back and try these too 😉
👉 Tips and Notes on Making this Instant Pot Seafood Chowder
- Potatoes provide quite a bit of starch and to help it thicken it
- Pre-chopped frozen onions saves on chopping time
- Corn adds a touch of sweetness, but any extra vegetables you need to use up, can also be added. Mushrooms, peppers, or peas all make great additions.
- You can add any kind of seafood into this chowder recipe; lobster, crab, salmon… just be mindful of cooking time so your seafood doesn’t overcook!
More Easy Instant Pot Recipes to Enjoy:
- Easy Instant Pot Apple Crisp
- Easy Instant Pot Mini Strawberry Cheesecake (Sugar Free)
- Chicken and Cheese Tortellini Soup
- Easy Instant Pot Pork and Beans
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken and Broccoli Cheesy Rice Casserole * POPULAR
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Casserole
- Easy Instant Pot Seafood Chowder
This healthy Vegan Spring Minestrone soup recipe is a delicious celebration of spring vegetables. Asparagus, kale, and fennel all shine in this simple and delicious minestrone soup.
Recipe for Seafood Chowder made in the Instant Pot
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 stalk celery sliced
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 pound potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup corn
- 5 cups seafood broth (or chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 8 oz white fish cut into chunks, cod/salmon/tilapia/haddock
- 8 oz scallops
- 12 oz shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6.5 ounce chopped clams canned, drained
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Saute onion in butter until tender. Add flour, Old Bay seasoning and thyme and saute 2-3 minutes.
- Combine all remaining ingredients EXCEPT cream and seafood in the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- Pressure cook on manual for 5 minutes, natural pressure release about 10 minutes. Then, blend about half the soup using an immersion blender (or just scoop it into your upright blender then return to Instant Pot).
- Add heavy cream and seafood, then continue cooking on saute mode, uncovered, for about another 10 minutes (stirring frequently), until heated through and meat has reached a safe temperature (145 °F for fish and shellfish). Do not boil.
- Stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 383Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 173mgSodium: 763mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 36g