This easy Instant Pot Apple Crisp recipe is definitely the best of the best. Sweet slightly spiced apples topped with an amazing crumble – just like your mom always made, but in a fraction of the time thanks to the Instant Pot!
I love any kind of fruit dessert, and I especially I love when I can make a homemade version in no time at all. Baked apples are my all time favourite dessert. Growing up, my Mom had two killer classic desserts that she made… one was her famous Cheesecake, and the other was a mouthwatering Apple Crisp. Since then I have been absolutely OBSESSED with baked apples.
This Instant Pot Apple Crisp reminds me of the apple crisp that my mom used to make. There’s something comforting about my moms apple crisp so I really wanted to try and come close to that version while using my Instant Pot. With just a few adjustments I was able to create the perfect pot full….as you see here below.
What apples do I use for this easy Instant Pot Apple Crisp?
Simply put, you can use any apples that you like! My personal favorite for this recipe is the Granny Smith, but Golden Delicious or Fugi are some other great varieties.
Do not use instant oats as they will become too mushy and won’t work well. You don’t need a lot of liquid as the apples produce juice as they bake. You could use either apple cider or water but I prefer apple cider to really bring out the apple flavor in this Instant Pot dessert.
Shop for Recommended Products:
How to make Instant Pot Apple Crisp without Getting a Burn Notice
To keep from getting a burn notice (and potentially having your apple crisp get stuck to your instant pot inner liner), I use the Instant Pot Pot In Pot (or PIP) method for this Apple Crisp. This also prevents your apples from getting waterlogged at the bottom of your pot. I saw other recipes that just threw them into the steel insert, but I suspect this will lead to applesauce! This worked perfectly!
My FAVOURITE way to enjoy hot Apple Crisp is with a cold scoop of French Vanilla Ice Cream, and drizzled with a luscious Caramel Sauce! If you’ve never tried it that way… you totally need to!
I invite you all to join me in making my favourite Fall dessert… this easy apple crisp. Once you have it in the instant pot, you’ll LOVE the delicious smell of apples and cinnamon that fills your house! Enjoy!
More Easy Instant Pot Recipes to Enjoy:
- Easy Instant Pot Apple Crisp
- Easy Instant Pot Mini Strawberry Cheesecake (Sugar Free)
- Chicken and Cheese Tortellini Soup
- Easy Instant Pot Pork and Beans
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken and Broccoli Cheesy Rice Casserole * POPULAR
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Casserole
- Easy Instant Pot Seafood Chowder
This healthy Vegan Spring Minestrone soup recipe is a delicious celebration of spring vegetables. Asparagus, kale, and fennel all shine in this simple and delicious minestrone soup.
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup water
- Core, peel and dice apples, then mix them in a large bowl with brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon.
- Toss apples lightly with a mixture of oats, flour, and honey.
- Pour water in your instant pot liner.
- Spray the inside of your steamer pot (PIP) with non stick spray, then drop in apple mixture. Place steamer pot inside basket, and drop into instant pot.
- Seal and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
- After cooking do a quick release, serve while still warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 17mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g