This flavorful Pomegranate and Apple Green Christmas Salad is full of fresh seasonal ingredients that are packed with antioxidants. This pomegranate salad recipe is crunchy, easy to make, and super festive! This salad is a perfect side dish for the winter holiday season!
Why I love this recipe
This spinach, apple, and pomegranate salad has got to be the prettiest red and green salad ever!! I am in love with the color combo and I think it’s the perfect Christmas salad! Plus, it’s super healthy and tastes AWESOME! It would also be great topped with some leftover rotisserie chicken!
This spinach salad is nutritious and loaded with crisp apples, red onion, toasted walnuts, and pomegranate seeds. The creamy feta perfectly compliments the tartness of the salad as well. The balsamic vinaigrette plays a big role in providing the main flavor of this dish.
RELATED: Pear Salad with Gorgonzola Dressing
To make this festive Christmas Salad you will need:
For the salad:
- Mixed salad greens
- Red onion
- Toasted walnut pieces
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Red apple
- Pomegranate seeds
For the 5 Ingredient Balsamic Dressing you will need:
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Garlic, minced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
For the full list of ingredients, and the printable recipe, be sure to check out the recipe card below.
How to make this Christmas salad
This salad has an easy 5 ingredient balsamic dressing that can be whipped up in minutes. And you just can’t beat homemade dressing.
Step 1: Layer the ingredients for the salad on a serving platter or in individual bowls.
Step 2: In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake the ingredients for the dressing together until well blended.
Step 3: Serve the salad with the dressing.
Make this Pomegranate Christmas Salad, then check out my Montreal Steak Salad with Pears, Cranberries and Honey Mustard Dressing, Roasted Asparagus Caesar Salad, and Classic Waldorf Salad and more of my Winter salad recipes.
- To save time, make the vinaigrette dressing 4-5 days in advance. Store it in the fridge in a sealed container. Keep in mind there are no preservatives, so it’s not going to last as long as store-bought dressings.
- Save time by using pomegranate arils from the grocery store. If you don’t want to de-seed a pomegranate yourself, look for the arils at your grocery store. Some may or may not carry them, but it doesn’t hurt to check.
- Make sure to cut the apple right before serving so the slices don’t brown as quickly, and don’t add the apples until ready to serve.
These are other ingredients that you can replace or add to this salad:
- Halloumi cheese
- Candied Pecans
- Rotisserie chicken makes this salad a little more filing and tastes great.
How to store the leftovers
Just like any fresh salad, it will taste best as soon as you make it. So you want to enjoy it right away. You can refrigerate any leftovers and enjoy them the next day, but the spinach won’t be as crisp.
Other winter salad recipes to try
- Pear Salad with Gorgonzola Dressing – All the textures inside this Pear Salad with Gorgonzola Dressing are incredible. Pear slices, honey roasted pecans, pomegranate seeds, red onion, leftover turkey and the gorgonzola dressing makes it over the top delicious!
- Easy Roasted Vegetable Salad – Filled with roasted vegetables, baby spinach and topped with crumbled feta cheese and a delicious balsamic vinaigrette dressing, this roasted vegetable salad is a colourful and flavourful fall or winter salad that works equally well as a vegetarian main course or a hearty side dish.
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad – This Butternut Squash Salad is the perfect winter salad for holidays and parties. Full of flavor and beautiful colors!
🍂 Celebrate Autumn with this easy salad!
This delicious green salad with apple and goat cheese is filled with flavor from apples, raisins, goat cheese, and toasted walnuts. It’s easy to make in under 30 minutes for an easy weeknight side dish your whole family will love.
For the salad:
- 1 (5 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup toasted walnut pieces
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 red apple, diced
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Layer the ingredients for the salad on a serving platter or in individual bowls.
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake the ingredients for the dressing together until well blended.
- Serve the salad with the dressing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 332mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 5gSugar: 22gProtein: 7g
The provided nutrition information is an estimate and it does not take brands into account. I use an automatic API to calculate this information.
Feel free to look through the rest of my recipes and if you can’t find the recipe you’re looking for let me know and I’ll do my best to create it for you.