This Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad with cranberries is an easy to make Christmas salad with shredded fresh Brussels sprouts, toasted pecans, cranberries and a zippy vinaigrette. It’s also naturally gluten-free and vegetarian, so that everyone at the table can enjoy it.
This salad is the perfect side salad for lunch, fall and the holidays. Serve cold, and enjoy!
Why I love this recipe
I love this salad recipe because it’s so healthy!!! Did you know that Brussels sprouts provides more iron, potassium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin K, fiber, and copper than broccoli? This Brussels Sprouts Salad is a superfood salad, sweet and savory, and has tons of texture in every bite!
Green from the brussels sprouts and red from the dried cranberries, this salad is both festive AND healthy!
To make this easy classic salad you’ll need
11 easy ingredients is all you’ll need for this salad.
For the salad you’ll need
- Brussels sprouts
- Red onion
- Dried cranberries
- Toasted pecans
And for the tangy dressing you’ll need
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Honey (or Maple Syrup)
- Salt and black pepper
For the full list of ingredients, and the printable recipe, be sure to check out the recipe card below.
How to make the Brussels Sprouts Salad
Step 1: In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing until well blended. Set aside.
Step 2: In a large bowl, mix the Brussel sprouts and onion. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
Step 3: Refrigerate for 2 hours up to overnight.
Step 4: Prior to serving, add the cranberries and pecans. Toss to evenly distribute and serve.
Make this Shredded Brussel Sprouts Salad, then check out my Pomegranate and Apple Green Christmas Salad, Broccoli Cauliflower Salad with Bacon and Almonds, and Apple and Wild Rice Salad and more of my Christmas Salad Recipes Your Family Will Enjoy.
How do I shred Brussels Sprouts?
Trim the ends, wash and thinly slice and rough chop or use slice attachment on your food processor.
Want to customize this recipe a bit? Feel free to…
- Add avocado: My best suggestion? Add some diced avocado to this salad for an extra creamy twist — delicious!
- Add apple: a tasty twist on this salad is to add in a chopped honey crisp apple.
- Use pomegranates: In place of (or in addition to) dried cranberries, some fresh pomegranate arils would be beautiful in this salad!
- Use different nuts/seeds: In place of pecans, feel free to use sliced or slivered almonds, walnuts, pepitas or sunflower seeds.
- Add bacon: For an extra delicious twist, feel free to add in some chopped cooked bacon. YUM.
Can you eat brussels sprouts raw?
Yes you sure can! Brussels sprouts aren’t just for roasting they’re wonderful in coleslaws and make a nice change from using cabbage and broccoli like this salad recipe!
Can this salad be made ahead?
Absolutely! Just keep the salad and dressing separate in the fridge until needed. If you’re adding apple, chop the apple and add the dressing just before serving.
Other Christmas Salad recipes to try
Looking for more Christmas salad recipe inspiration? Here are a few of my faves!
- Pomegranate and Apple Green Christmas Salad – This pomegranate salad recipe is crunchy, easy to make, and super festive!
- Pear Salad with Gorgonzola Dressing – Pear slices, honey roasted pecans, pomegranate seeds, red onion, leftover turkey and the gorgonzola dressing makes it over the top delicious!
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad with Bacon and Almonds – Broccoli Cauliflower Salad with Bacon and Almonds is filled with fresh broccoli florets, crunchy cauliflower, almonds and red onions, tender bacon pieces and slivered carrots – a flavourful, colourful, healthy, and ideal salad for a Christmas side dish.
If you’re looking for an easy winter salad then look no further because I’ve got a DELICIOUS recipe for you!
Classic Italian dish of Panzanella Salad (aka Tuscan Bread Salad), a refreshing summer salad made with juicy tomatoes, crusty bread, and a simple vinaigrette.
For the salad
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved and thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup toasted pecans, chopped
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing until well blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the Brussel sprouts and onion. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours up to overnight.
- Prior to serving, add the cranberries and pecans. Toss to evenly distribute and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g
The provided nutrition information is an estimate and it does not take brands into account. I use an automatic API to calculate this information.
Feel free to look through the rest of my recipes and if you can’t find the recipe you’re looking for let me know and I’ll do my best to create it for you.