All the textures inside this Pear Salad with Gorgonzola Dressing are incredible. Pear slices, honey roasted pecans, pomegranate seeds, red onion, leftover turkey and the gorgonzola dressing makes it over the top delicious!
Why I love this recipe
At first glance, it looks like this salad has a lot of conflicting flavours by combining sweet, savoury, peppery, cheesy and creamy. I can tell you this much though, it really works. This salad has a lot of bold flavours, but together they are in perfect harmony.
Winter Pear Salad Ingredients
The fresh, sweetness of pear with the tangy, sharpness of gorgonzola – a classic pairing.
Who says you can’t put together a beautiful salad in the winter? This one is certainly stunning – it’s made with greens, pomegranates, pears, and leftover turkey – finish it off with candied pecans, gorgonzola cheese, and a delicious five ingredient dressing!
To make this easy winter salad with leftover turkey you will need
- Spring salad mix
- Cooked turkey breast, sliced or cubed
- Bartlett pears, sliced or cubed
- Avocados, sliced or cubed
- Red onion, sliced thin
- Pomegranate seeds
- Gorgonzola cheese
- Honey-roasted pecan halves
For the Gorgonzola dressing you will need:
- Olive oil
- Crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- White wine vinegar
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
For the full list of ingredients, and the printable recipe, be sure to check out the recipe card below.
How to make this pear salad recipe
You will want to make this pear and gorgonzola salad over and over again, because it’s that good. On top of that, it’s really quick and easy to make. In just a few minutes, you will have a tasty dish ready to serve as a nice tasty meal.
Step 1: To make the dressing, place ingredients into a blender and process until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use. Shake before serving.
Step 2: Place the salad greens into bowls or on a platter. Arrange the pears, avocado, turkey, and onions. Top with the pomegranate seeds, crumbled cheese, and pecans.
Step 3: Drizzle with dressing and toss before serving.
Make this easy pear salad, then check out my Montreal Steak Salad with Pears, Cranberries and Honey Mustard Dressing, Healthy Broccoli Cranberry Salad with Greek Yogurt Dressing, and Classic Waldorf Salad and more of my winter salad recipes.
TIPS AND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Read on for tips and substitution ideas on how to make this recipe, and how to avoid making it a disaster.
- a fun way to serve the pear in this salad recipe is to use a spiralizer to make fun ribbons out of it (just make sure the pear isn’t overripe or it’ll just fall apart).
- If you can’t find pears that are sweet and ripe, you can substitute apple for the pear. It also goes very well with the cheese.
- You can find gorgonzola cheese in a soft, creamy version or a firmer version. For this salad, the firm version is better.
- If you don’t like gorgonzola, you can substitute it with or blue cheese or feta cheese, which has a rich acidity similar to gorgonzola.
Other dinner salad recipes to try
- Mexican Inspired Grilled Chicken Salad with Creamy Honey Lime Dressing – The juicy grilled chicken blends well with the creamy honey lime dressing and the greens and veggies make a great salad for lunch, dinner, or a snack. In fact, it is the perfect meal for any time of day, and you can have it on the table ready to eat in no time.
- Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad – Chipotle seasoned chicken tossed with all your favorite southwestern fixings in an edible crispy taco bowl. An incredibly delicious salad with a south western bite!
- Montreal Steak Salad with Pears, Cranberries and Honey Mustard Dressing – A high protein steak salad with a simple, homemade honey mustard salad dressing that takes just minutes to make using pantry staples you likely already have on hand.
If you’re looking for a healthy fall salad then look no further because I’ve got a DELICIOUS recipe for you!
This flavorful Pomegranate and Apple Green Christmas Salad is full of fresh seasonal ingredients that are packed with antioxidants. This pomegranate salad recipe is crunchy, easy to make, and super festive! This salad is a perfect side dish for the winter holiday season!
For the Pear Salad you will need:
- 12 ounces spring salad mix
- 5 cups cooked turkey breast, sliced or cubed
- 3 medium bartlett pears, sliced or cubed
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced or cubed
- ½ small red onion, sliced thin
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- ½ cup honey-roasted pecan halves
For the gorgonzola dressing you will need
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- To make the dressing, place ingredients into a blender and process until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use. Shake before serving.
- Place the salad greens into bowls or on a platter. Arrange the pears, avocado, turkey, and onions. Top with the pomegranate seeds, crumbled cheese, and pecans.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss before serving.
If you loved this salad be sure to check out my Montreal Steak Salad with Pears, Cranberries and Honey Mustard Dressing.
For tips, substitutions, storage and serving info be sure to check out the full Pear Salad and Gorgonzola Dressing recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 650Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 396mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 9gSugar: 36gProtein: 40g
The provided nutrition information is an estimate and it does not take brands into account. I use an automatic API to calculate this information.
Feel free to look through the rest of my recipes and if you can’t find the recipe you’re looking for let me know and I’ll do my best to create it for you.