Instant Pot Risotto is the BEST method for making risotto. The instant pot makes creamy, cheesy, perfectly cooked risotto every single time, and this Creamy Garlic Parmesan Risotto is no exception!
Risotto is one of those dishes that I had never tried cooking before because I thought it was difficult and complicated, I’ve watched enough cooking challenges to see that Risotto is a dish that sends A LOT of contestants home.
Risotto takes time, attention to detail and patience, and well, I don’t have time to for risotto on busy nights. Really on any nights.
Then I came across Carmy’s Instant Pot Lemon Pea Risotto… It was so easy!!!
- Risotto in the Instant Pot
- What You’ll Need to Make Garlic Parmesan Risotto in the Instant Pot
- How to make Risotto in the Instant Pot
- What to serve with Instant Pot Risotto
- More Easy Instant Pot Recipes to Enjoy:
- Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Parmesan Risotto
- Recommended Products
Risotto in the Instant Pot
As with any Instant Pot recipe, I learned through Carmy’s recipe that Instant Pot Risotto is possible (and easy!) on the busiest of nights and tastes just as good as traditional risotto. I also learned that my kids LOVE risotto.
With the Instant pot, the process to perfect risotto is not only easy, risotto is prepared in under 30 minutes!!
And Instant Pot Risotto is PERFECT. It is creamy, cheesy, and full of flavor from the fresh thyme and dry wine. Risotto is perfect for a quick side dish, light meal and makes a great gluten-free recipe to entertain with.
What You’ll Need to Make Garlic Parmesan Risotto in the Instant Pot
The ingredients are simple, this risotto recipe focuses on garlic and parmesan cheese as its flavouring, but you can very easily change it up.
- White Wine
- Arborio Rice
- Vegetable Stock
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
How to make Risotto in the Instant Pot
There’s three steps to making the perfect risotto in the Instant Pot:
- Saute – the first step is to use the saute function to soften your shallots in butter, this can be done right in your instant pot, there’s no need to dirty any other pots or pans!
- Simmer – the next step is to simmer your arborio rice in white wine, with the softened shallots and garlic.
- Pressure Cook – next you add in your vegetable broth and thyme, seal your instant pot and pressure cook on high for 5 minutes, then allow the pot to natural release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release.
And voila! Just like that you have a creamy risotto made in the Instant Pot, and your family will think you’re a magician in the kitchen!
What to serve with Instant Pot Risotto
When I make this parmesan risotto for dinner I normally make buttery garlic asparagus and Oven Baked Chicken. We love Parmesan cheese, I won’t deny that! But there are so many different recipes that go perfectly with this garlic parmesan risotto recipe.
More Easy Instant Pot Recipes to Enjoy:
- Easy Instant Pot Apple Crisp
- Easy Instant Pot Mini Strawberry Cheesecake (Sugar Free)
- Chicken and Cheese Tortellini Soup
- Easy Instant Pot Pork and Beans
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken and Broccoli Cheesy Rice Casserole * POPULAR
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Casserole
- Easy Instant Pot Seafood Chowder
This simple recipe for Apple Caramel Cheesecake Dip is the perfect fall snack, appetizer or dessert for any occasion! Cream cheese, brown sugar, caramel, Skor chocolate bars and apples. This dessert is always a big hit!
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 shallots diced finely
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1.5 cups arborio rice
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- 1 pinch salt/pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- On sauté mode, melt your butter in the Instant Pot .
- Once your butter is melted, stir in the shallots and garlic. Cook them for around 1-2 minutes, until they’ve soften.
- Add in white wine, give it a stir, then add in the arborio rice. Stir the mixture for two minutes to allow the wine to cook.
- Add in the broth, thyme, salt and pepper. Put the lid on the Instant Pot, ensure the sealing valve is set to close. Set instant pot to cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When instant pot is finished cooking, let the pot natural release for 10 minutes afterwards before quick releasing.
- After carefully opening the lid, stir in your parmesan. Top with parsley if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 253Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 845mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 8g