These peanut butter oatmeal cookies are the BEST! They’re soft, chewy and filled with peanut butter goodness. The oatmeal adds tons of texture, and it’s a quick and easy recipe that all peanut butter fans are sure to love.
If you’ve followed me for any length of time on Instagram, you know I’m not just a huge fan of salads, but I’m also a huge fan of cookies. Life is about balance, right? Chewy plump oatmeal peanut butter cookies are one of my favourite cookies, second only to homemade chocolate chip cookies.
- Why you’ll love these peanut butter cookies
- Ingredients you’ll need for oatmeal peanut butter cookies
- Can I use quick oats in oatmeal peanut butter cookies?
- How to make peanut butter oatmeal cookies from scratch?
- Tips for the Best results
- Now, let’s get baking!
- More Peanut Butter recipes to try
- Best Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
- Recommended Products
This peanut butter oatmeal cookie recipe yields cookies that are tender on the inside, chewy around the middle, and just barely crisp around the edges. A good oatmeal peanut butter cookie is a cookie that you absolutely NEED to have in your cookie rotation! They are unashamedly thick and fat and bursting with oats and peanut butter!!
My middle daughter an I found ourselves suddenly with nothing to do this morning, in a kitchen full of quick oats and peanut butter. Because my parents can’t get out these days, we decided to make them a batch to enjoy – peanut butter cookies are my mom’s absolute favourite cookies too!
I love these cookies because they’re made with pantry staples – there’s no need to run out to the grocery store to make these.
- Peanut Butter
- White Sugar
- Quick Cooking Oats
- Baking Powder
If you prefer to use crunchy peanut butter…go for it! Wanna add in some chopped nuts or chocolate chunks..yep you can do that too! Have fun and make em your own!
Yes! Quick oats are perfectly fine in this recipe – this way you aren’t biting into hard pieces of oats.
These cookies are very easy to make, measure out the ingredients, mix the peanut butter, egg, vanilla and butter until it’s creamy, then slowly mix in the remaining ingredients in the bowl, then drop them onto a cookie sheet, press them with a fork and bake them for 10-11 minutes at 350.
Tips for the Best results
- Do not over-mix your batter! Once you have added in the oats you want to do a quick mix and leave it alone
- You don’t want to cook them until they are brown on top (unless you prefer a very crunchy cookie) you only want the edges to be golden to keep the center chewy
- Always use quick cooking oats in your cookies, this way you won’t be biting into hard pieces of oats
- Let them cool for at lest 10 minutes before eating one – I know, I know, it’s so hard to just let them be but trust me it’s worth it!
Now, let’s get baking!
This simple recipe for Apple Caramel Cheesecake Dip is the perfect fall snack, appetizer or dessert for any occasion! Cream cheese, brown sugar, caramel, Skor chocolate bars and apples. This dessert is always a big hit!
More Peanut Butter recipes to try
- Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Energy Balls
- Healthy Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Low Fat Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Best Ever Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In mixer, beat together your peanut butter with the egg, vanilla and butter until you have a creamy mixture.
- Add in sugar and mix well until the sugar is dissolved (about 3-5 minutes on medium speed).
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour and baking powder.
- Add in your flour mixture as well as the oats and (on low speed) mix until just combined.
- Using a teaspoon (or cookie scoop) drop by spoonful onto your baking sheet, then press with a fork.
- Bake on middle rack for 10-11 minutes (until they are JUST browning around the edge, this keeps them chewy!)
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 4g