This easy Chickpea Mediterranean Salad is infused with flavour thanks to a heaping helping of fresh herbs with a garlicky greek dressing that ups the crunch from red bell pepper, celery and red onion. Protein- and fiber-rich chickpeas make it a hearty vegetarian main, or you can serve it as an easy side with chicken, fish, or shrimp.
This Chickpea Mediterranean Salad is a recipe I usually save for summer, but I caught myself craving it incessantly earlier this week. This is ok though because this salad is a great make ahead dish, convenient for school or work lunches too, not just just summer BBQ’s.
What I love the most about this salad is that nothing in here that will wilt in the heat, and the flavours meld together even more if you make it a day ahead. Everyone will love the vibrant colours and fresh taste!
It’s no secret, I love chickpeas: Cilantro Lime Chickpea Salad, Crunchy Chickpea Croutons and Cajun Roasted Chickpeas. Using one of my favourite pantry staples (canned chickpeas) and a handful of fresh ingredients, you can be shoving this simple salad into your hungry face in less time than it takes to pre-heat the oven. Okay, maybe that’s a stretch, but I’m telling you, this recipe is quick! It’s also crave-worthy delicious, super filling, and flexible for everything from a weeknight dinner to an impressive potluck offering.
Chickpea Mediterranean Salad Ingredients
This ingredient list for this simple salad is short, so go for the freshest and best quality ingredients you can source.
- Red Onion
- Cherry Tomatoes
- English Cucumber
- Red Bell Pepper
- Kalamata Olives
- Green Onions
- crumbled Feta Cheese
Thanks to the chickpeas, this easy make-ahead salad will keep you full for hours. It’s satisfying in a way that leafy greens could never be. Enjoy!
This classic Waldorf Salad is full of fresh, crispy, apples, celery, grapes and walnuts with a creamy mayonnaise dressing served over a bed of lettuce. Serve it as a side dish or appetizer at Christmas or Thanksgiving. You can easily add chicken or turkey to make it a complete meal!
For the Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
For the Salad
- 1 can (19oz) Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup diced Red Onions
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup diced Cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata Olives
- 1/2 cup chopped Celery
- 1 cup chopped fresh Parsley
- 1 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing and set aside. This dressing can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
- Add the chickpeas, onions, cucumber, bell peppers, tomatoes, celery, olives, and parsley to a large bowl.
- Drizzle the prepared dressing all over the salad ingredients and toss well together. Crumble feta over the salad and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
This salad can be eaten as a complete meal since it has the chickpeas as protein with an assortment of vegetables.
Refrigerating the salad for a few hours help meld the flavours together and gives the chickpeas time to soak up the dressing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.