This cilantro lime chickpea salad has buttery chickpeas, summer fresh corn, red onion, tomatoes, cucumbers, cilantro, and a homemade cilantro lime dressing. It’s the perfect summer salad for a potluck barbecue!
- Why you’ll love this chickpea salad with cilantro
- To make this chickpea salad you will need:
- Reviews of this salad:
- How to Make this Chickpea Salad:
- TIPS AND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Cilantro Lime Chickpea Salad Recipe
Why you’ll love this chickpea salad with cilantro
This cilantro and lime chickpea (garbanzo bean) salad recipe is perfect for a healthy summer lunch – filled with cucumber, tomatoes and corn, with a cilantro lime dressing. It’s a flavourful vegan meal, but it’s also great for a healthy dish to bring to a potluck barbecue and summer gatherings.
My other favourite salads to bring to a summer potluck barbecue are:
- Mediterranean Chickpea (Garbanzo Bean) Salad
- Feta Bruschetta Pasta Salad
- Summer Cucumber Watermelon and Dill Salad
This salad could be called a summer corn salad, potluck chickpea salad, cilantro garbanzo bean salad or a refreshing cucumber salad.
But no matter what you call it, it’s turned out to be my new favourite go-to for a refreshing side dish.
To make this chickpea salad you will need:
Salads for Lunch is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Make this Chickpea Salad:
This delicious salad is ready in three easy steps!
1. Make your dressing
In a medium bowl (or in a large glass measuring cup), whisk together the dressing ingredients. You can add the cilantro in here, or you can add it directly to the salad. It will get mixed in either way, so it’s totally up to you.
2. Chop your ingredients & rinse your chickpeas
Technically, you can just drain your chickpeas (and save the aquafaba if you want), but I always rinse mine. I like to make sure I get off all the excess aquafaba, and I usually leave my chickpeas in the strainer until I’m ready to add them to the salad.
Chop all of your ingredients and add them to a large mixing bowl
3. Pour the dressing over the salad
Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and stir until everything is mixed well and enjoy!!
Make this chickpea cilantro salad then check out my Chickpea (Garbanzo Bean) Mediterranean Salad, Corn and Black Bean Quinoa Salad Recipe and Basmati Rice Salad with Mint and Edamame and more of my summer salad recipes.
TIPS AND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Read on for tips and substitution ideas on how to make this recipe, and how to avoid making it a disaster.
How to prevent the salad from becoming soggy from the cucumbers?
I like to soak my cucumbers in salt water for at least to prevent excess water in my salad, but if you’re in a rush or don’t feel like it, that’s completely okay.
For best results
Cover and refrigerate the salad for at least 30 minutes to allow flavours to marinate before serving.
How to store chickpea salad
Chickpea salad holds up great in the fridge, so it’s perfect for meal prep! Store this salad in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge. If bringing this to a picnic, travel with this salad in a thermal cooler bag with an ice pack to keep t cool.
- 2 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 4 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered (about 1 pound)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a big bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and stir until everything is mixed well.
- Refrigerate until serving or at least for a half an hour to let the flavours blend.
If you loved this salad be sure to check out my Vegan Cucumber and Chickpea Salad with Tahini Dressing.
For tips, substitutions, storage and serving info be sure to read the full Chickpea Salad post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 425mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 6gSugar: 10gProtein: 7g