How to make deviled ham salad in just 10 minutes! This homemade ham salad recipe using leftover ham and hard boiled eggs can be served so many ways and makes a great lunch. Use it to top salads, on its own, or as deviled ham spread on bread. Use your leftover ham from Easter in this easy recipe!
- Why I love this recipe for traditional deviled ham spread
- Ingredients you’ll need to make a deviled ham salad
- How to make deviled ham salad
- How to store deviled ham salad
- Can I freeze deviled ham salad?
- Traditional Deviled Ham Salad Recipe
Why I love this recipe for traditional deviled ham spread
This classic recipe from the 70’s and 80’s takes me back to my childhood when nothing was ever wasted. When we had leftovers we made something with it – usually sandwiches. Leftover ham from Easter was served as this this super versatile traditional deviled ham salad. Sometimes it was served with saltines (like the photos), and sometimes it was served as a sandwich, or on a bed of lettuce as a salad.
Whether you serve this as ham salad sandwiches, ham salad pinwheels, ham salad spread, ham salad dip, or ham salad with lettuce it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next get-together!
RELATED: Hawaii Inspired Pasta Salad with Ham
Ingredients you’ll need to make a deviled ham salad
This easy ham salad recipe only uses 7 ingredients!
- Leftover cooked ham
- Hard-boiled eggs <- Can be leftover hard boiled eggs
- Sweet pickle relish
- Chopped onion
- Yellow mustard
How to make deviled ham salad
Quick and easy, this deviled ham salad recipe comes together in just 10 minutes! Let it chill for an hour or two to let the flavors meld before serving.
- Pulse: Place the ham, eggs, celery, sweet pickle relish, and onion into a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is equally combined and chopped well.
- Blend: Add the mayonnaise and yellow mustard to the food processor and blend until evenly mixed.
- Chill: Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Enjoy! Serve the deviled ham spread on sandwiches, with crackers, or with vegetable dippers.
Make this Deviled Ham Salad recipe, then check out my Basmati Rice Salad with Mint and Edamame, Roasted Asparagus Caesar Salad, and Classic Waldorf Salad and more of my healthy salad dressing recipes.
- This salad is made of mayonnaise and mustard, however, like most of my salads you can lighten it up using plain greek yogurt.
- Instead of leftover ham you can make this salad with pre-packaged diced ham from the grocery store.
- If you’d prefer, you can use chopped dill pickle instead of relish.
How to store deviled ham salad
Because this recipe has mayonnaise, ham and eggs, it must be refrigerated and stored in an airtight container. It can be stored for 3-5 days.
Can I freeze deviled ham salad?
Yes, you can freeze this salad. To freeze, simply put the deviled ham salad in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag for up to 2 months. Double layering the freezer bag will help to keep it from getting freezer burnt.
Other Spring salad recipes to try
- Hawaii Inspired Pasta Salad
- Basmati Rice Salad with Mint and Edamame
- Roasted Asparagus Caesar Salad
- Spring Salad with Homemade Green Goddess Dressing
- 3 cups cooked ham
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- Place the ham, eggs, celery, sweet pickle relish, and onion into a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is equally combined and chopped well.
- Add the mayonnaise and yellow mustard to the food processor and blend until evenly mixed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve the deviled ham spread on sandwiches, with crackers, or with vegetable dippers.
For best results
Let the salad chill for an hour or two to let the flavors meld before serving.
How to store
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 481mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 9g
The provided nutrition information is an estimate and it does not take brands into account. I use an automatic API to calculate this information.