Happy Monday everyone and thank you for following me from Fitness Cheerleader to Salads 4 Lunch!
If you’re reading this then I hope it means I somehow managed to transfer all of my subscribers from Fitness Cheerleader seamlessly. If you’re a little confused by all of this, this post may help. In a nutshell I decided to change my blog name to return to blogging as a way of journaling my life and to be authentic in sharing my life’s ups and downs. Everyday I eat a salad for lunch that I either made, or bought from a nearby restaurant, grocery store or fast food establishment so I thought that Salads 4 Lunch would be a good name for the new direction I’m taking. I hope you’ll stick around!
Life lately has been crazy busy and I’m not even sure how to catch you up on it all. This week saw summer arrive in full force. It’s hot-hot-hot here, yay! Monday morning I ran with my friends, then after work I coached my middle daughter’s softball practice. Tuesday night I took the girls to the Dixie Chicks concert at the Molson Ampitheatre. It was their first concert ever. My oldest and youngest were excited but my middle one only wanted to come for the ice cream I promised her.
Wednesday morning hubby went golfing so I couldn’t get out for my morning run, then work was too busy for me to head over to the gym. Wednesday night I coached Brooke’s softball team in their game. Thursday I made it to the gym for an upperbody workout, yay! Friday morning I ran with my best running friends before work, then did a lower body strength workout at lunch.
Saturday night hubby took me out for a date! We went to the driving range to hit some golf balls, then we went to downtown Oakville and had dinner at a craft beer restaurant called Bru Restaurant. I had a Summer Weiss beer and he had an Amber. For dinner I had a very tasty Quinoa, black bean and avocado salad with chicken. After dinner we cuddled up and watched Edge of Tomorrow on Netflix.
A photo posted by Janice (@salads4lunch) on
Sunday was a busy day of softball where my middle daughter made her pitching debut! I was so proud of her for not getting too upset when she walked a bunch of batters. She also managed to get three strikeouts in the two innings she pitched!
A photo posted by Janice (@salads4lunch) on
We have another busy softball week with each of the girls having a practice and a game, so my fitness this week will have to be confined to before work and on my lunch breaks.
For fitness, my plan for this week is:
Monday: 8k morning run, lower body weights at lunch, coaching softball after work
Tuesday: Upper body weights at lunch
Wednesday: 8k morning run + BodyPump at GoodLife Fitness
Thursday: Upper body weights at lunch
Friday: 10k morning run
Sharing with you this week’s lunch salad:
- 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 5 tablespoons refined coconut oil, melted (if you use unrefined coconut oil there may be some coconut taste to the muffins)
- 1/3 cup pure Canadian maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated Gala apples
- 1 1/4 cups Gala apple chunks (about 1/4")
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a muffin pan with 8 muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (almond flour through nutmeg). Set this aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, oil, pure Canadian maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add the dry mix to the wet and mix just until combined.
- Gently fold in the grated apples and then the chopped apples.
- Divide the batter evenly among the liners, filling them almost full, and bake for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for 1 day or refrigerate for u
Have a great week everyone!
How did you spend your weekend?
What’s on your fitness and meal plans for this week?
What are your July fitness goals?
Join the #MOTIVATEME link up!
The rules are simple:
1. Every Monday share your fitness, nutrition plan etc by linking them up. All you will need is your post’s URL, and a photo you would like to attach.
2. Posts that aren’t related will be deleted.
3.In your post, we would love it if you mentioned that you’re participating in #MotivateMe Monday link up, and link back to the hosts Salads 4 Lunch and Run Mommy Run.
4. Read what the other linkers are sharing, Visit at least 2 other bloggers’ posts and share some support by commenting and engaging with each other. The more you support, the more support you will get back.
This post is being written as part of the GoodLife Fitness Blogger Ambassador Program.