The perfect fresh side dish for any potluck, this Creamy Ranch BLT Pasta Salad not only has juicy cherry tomatoes, chopped bacon, and —you guessed it—crisp romaine, but is made even better by a lightened up greek yogurt ranch dressing.
Why you’ll love this BLT Pasta Salad recipe
Adding lettuce to a pasta salad brightens up the dish with a fresh element so we don’t feel like we’re eating straight carbs. This BLT pasta salad is like the classic sandwich but with a few special changes. Everything is coated in a lightened up creamy ranch dressing that makes it all taste so fresh and delicious!
Ingredients for the Creamy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing:
- Greek Yogurt (I use 0% Liberte Greek, but any brand will do)
- Buttermilk (or you can use 2% milk)
- Lemon juice
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Dried parsley
- Dried chives
- Dried dill
- Salt & Pepper
Ingredients For the Creamy Ranch BLT Pasta Salad
- Bow-tie pasta (farfalle pasta)
- Green onions
- Romaine lettuce
- Bacon strips (cooked and crumbled)
- Cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes)
How to make Light BLT Pasta Salad
This recipe tastes SO MUCH BETTER if you use cooked crumbled bacon instead of the packaged crumbled bacon. It’s because of this that I like to cook my bacon in our Air Fryer. While your pasta is cooking, lay your bacon strips in the air fryer, and cook them for 8 minutes at 400 degrees.
After the pasta and the bacon are cooked, in a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, tomato, crumbled bacon, chopped onions and pasta.
Drizzle the homemade creamy greek yogurt ranch dressing over the top. Gently toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Other summer salad recipes to try
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad with Bacon and Almonds
- Cold Chicken SPinach Pasta Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Hawaiian Pasta Salad
- Chickpea Mediterranean Salad
- 1 cup homemade greek yogurt ranch dressing
- 3 cups bow-tie pasta (farfalle pasta)
- 5 green onions (chopped)
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 9 strips bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Then rinse pasta under cold water.
- Cook bacon strips in an air fryer - 400 degrees for 8 minutes, then crumble.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, tomato, crumbled bacon, chopped onions and pasta.
- Drizzle the homemade creamy greek yogurt ranch dressing over the top. Gently toss to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately and enjoy!
I have tried this with both bottled and homemade ranch dressing and homemade is 100% better. If you have a dressing you love, you can use it instead of making it from the mix.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 261mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g