These oven baked Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are a real crowd pleaser! Tender morsels of cauliflower baked in a crispy crust and then loaded with buffalo sauce! If you like wings, you love this leaner tastier snack!
The other day I was out with my daughter’s hockey team at a team dinner between hockey games. One of the other parents ordered buffalo bites, only these weren’t your normal buffalo bites. These were made with cauliflower! I tried them and they were to die for, they didn’t taste like cauliflower at all!
The next day I was tasked with bringing an appetizer to my daughter’s best friend’s birthday party. I wasn’t in the mood for my usual (bread and brie). Instead I was craving more of the buffalo cauliflower bites – I liked how they have a little zing to them and I was craving that wing-like spice, so I decided to try to copy-cat the cauliflower bites I had enjoyed the night before.
The results were better than I had hoped! I brought them to the party and the guests dug right in, only they didn’t realise they were eating cauliflower (until I told them). I’ll admit that not everyone loves cauliflower so it was a shock to them that it was a vegetable, not the chicken they were expecting. That said, I even saw dad go back for seconds, thirds and maybe even fourths!
Try this easy to make recipe the next time you’re tasked with a Sunday football or other game day snack, then check out our Baked Vegan Donuts, The Best Vegan Creamy Dill Dip Ever! and more of my vegan recipes.
❄️ CELEBRATE WINTER with
5+ Easy Winter Salad Recipes
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup white or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup Buffalo Sauce (I use Dunn Right Buffalo Sauce, but you could also use Frank's Buffalo Sauce
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces discarding the core. Combine almond milk, flour, garlic powder, pepper and olive oil in a large bowl. Create a separate bowl with the Panko. Dip the pieces in the batter (let any excess drip off), then coat in Panko, place on a foil lined pan and bake 15 minutes.
- Melt butter on the stove or in the microwave and mix with buffalo sauce.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven and gently toss in the buffalo sauce. Generously coat the cauliflower, but don't soak.
- Place coated cauliflower back on the pan and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and crisp.
- Top with vegan creamy dill dressing and green onion and serve with carrots and celery. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 10 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 655mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
Join the conversation:
What’s your favorite game day snack?