These oven baked Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are a real crowd pleaser! Tender morsels of cauliflower baked in a crispy crust and then loaded with buffalo sauce! If you like wings, you love this leaner tastier snack!
The other day I was out with my daughter’s hockey team at a team dinner between hockey games. One of the other parents ordered buffalo bites, only these weren’t your normal buffalo bites. These were made with cauliflower! I tried them and they were to die for, they didn’t taste like cauliflower at all!
The next day I was tasked with bringing an appetizer to my daughter’s best friend’s birthday party. I wasn’t in the mood for my usual (bread and brie). Instead I was craving more of the buffalo cauliflower bites – I liked how they have a little zing to them and I was craving that wing-like spice, so I decided to try to copy-cat the cauliflower bites I had enjoyed the night before.
The results were better than I had hoped! I brought them to the party and the guests dug right in, only they didn’t realise they were eating cauliflower (until I told them). I’ll admit that not everyone loves cauliflower so it was a shock to them that it was a vegetable, not the chicken they were expecting. That said, I even saw dad go back for seconds, thirds and maybe even fourths!
Try this easy to make recipe the next time you’re tasked with a Sunday football or other game day snack, then check out our Baked Vegan Donuts, The Best Vegan Creamy Dill Dip Ever! and more of my vegan recipes.
If you’re looking for a healthy fall salad then look no further because I’ve got a DELICIOUS recipe for you!
This flavorful Pomegranate and Apple Green Christmas Salad is full of fresh seasonal ingredients that are packed with antioxidants. This pomegranate salad recipe is crunchy, easy to make, and super festive! This salad is a perfect side dish for the winter holiday season!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup white or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup Buffalo Sauce (I use Dunn Right Buffalo Sauce, but you could also use Frank's Buffalo Sauce
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces discarding the core. Combine almond milk, flour, garlic powder, pepper and olive oil in a large bowl. Create a separate bowl with the Panko. Dip the pieces in the batter (let any excess drip off), then coat in Panko, place on a foil lined pan and bake 15 minutes.
- Melt butter on the stove or in the microwave and mix with buffalo sauce.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven and gently toss in the buffalo sauce. Generously coat the cauliflower, but don't soak.
- Place coated cauliflower back on the pan and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and crisp.
- Top with vegan creamy dill dressing and green onion and serve with carrots and celery. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 10 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 655mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
Join the conversation:
What’s your favorite game day snack?