Blueberry Lemon Loaf, a delicious soft and moist loaf bursting with juicy blueberries! Perfect for relaxing with a cup of tea.
This Blueberry Lemon Loaf is so soft and moist – you’re absolutely going to love it! It’s a very straightforward recipe to follow and the combination of blueberries and lemon gives a lovely flavor. This loaf is also freezer friendly so if there’s just yourself or the two of you at home, cut the finished loaf in half and freeze one half. That way you will have a nice supply of blueberry and lemon loaf on hand whenever you feel the urge for a slice of loaf! You could also make ahead if you wanted to prepare for a pot luck or a party. It’s so delicious!
Blueberry Lemon Loaf, Oh my goodness! if you love Starbucks Lemon Loaf and enjoy a slice or three with a nice cup of tea, then you will love this recipe! I’ve used frozen blueberries, but of course, fresh will also work.
The challenge with the blueberries is preventing them from sinking to the bottom in the loaf pan when you pour the batter in, thus creating a blueberries at the bottom loaf – that’s what happened in my first attempt at this recipe 🙂 To stop the blueberries from sinking to the bottom during baking, place the blueberries in a bag and add a couple of tablespoons of flour. Give it a toss so the blueberries are coated. Voila! No more sinking blueberries 🙂
How to prevent your loaf from sticking to the pan
This is another challenge with making a loaf. The secret is to grease your pan, then line it with parchment paper.
Step 1. Grease your tin then lay it your pan on top of some greaseproof paper making sure the paper is big enough to cover up the sides of the pan. Be sure to place your pan in the middle of the paper. Cut slits on all four corners of the paper to the corners of your pan.
Step 2. Carefully place the greaseproof paper inside the tin, and where you have made the cuts, they will overlap over each other nicely.
Step 3. Cut off all the excess paper, and use a little butter or oil to stick any paper down if it has come away from the tin.
Step 4. And presto! Now you have a nice neatly lined cake tin
Here’s the recipe for Blueberry Lemon Loaf, enjoy!
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, (zest from 1 lemon plus juice from 1 lemon)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
For the Glaze
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar, for glaze
- 2 tsp lemon juice, for glaze
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. grease and line loaf pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together yogurt, zest, lemon juice (from 1 lemon), and vanilla, set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or electric mixer, add butter and sugar to the bowl and cream together until combined; about 2 minutes at high speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, combining well after each egg. Slowly add half of the flour mixture, and mix at a slow speed (or you will have a mess all over!)
- Add half of the yogurt mixture and mix until just combined.
- Add remaining flour mixture and combine; add remaining yogurt mixture and mix until just combined.
- Place the blueberries in a bag and add a couple of tablespoons of flour. Give it a toss so the blueberries are coated. This will stop them from sinking to the bottom during baking.
- Remove bowl from stand mixer, add in blueberries, and stir gently with a fork to combine.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Cook for 50-60 minutes, testing with a toothpick starting at 50 minutes. When it comes out clean, bread is done.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
For the Glaze
- In a small bowl add confectioners sugar, and slowly add lemon juice while mixing with a fork. When the glaze is moist and thick, you have enough lemon juice, you don’t want to add too much. 8. Drizzle over the top of the bread and cut into slices.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 12 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 235mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g