The beauty of all-inclusive Punta Cana resorts is just that, everything is included and taken care of at the resort. This is perfect for busy families and travelers who want to truly relax and tune out during their glorious Caribbean vacation. The all-inclusive, family-friendly Occidental Caribe Punta Cana is part of the well-known Barcelo Hotel Group brand.
It’s been a long winter and though spring may be here according to the calendar, April wasn’t been too kind to us. I just returned from soaking up some vitamin D and putting my toes into warm sand at the Occidental Caribe Resort in Punta Cana, and let me tell you, it’s perfect for families!
Picking the right all-inclusive family resort in the Dominican Republic isn’t easy. For my family, we all want our vacation to work around our own individual likes and dislikes. A luxe family resort like Occidental Caribe can make everyone happy. There’s literally a food, or an activity to please everyone.
- How many Rooms are there at Occidental Caribe in Punta Cana?
- Occidental Caribe Resort Overview
- The Occidental Caribe Restaurants and Food
- Five More Reasons to Visit Occidental Caribe
How many Rooms are there at Occidental Caribe in Punta Cana?
This property is a medium sized resort in Punta Cana, with nearly 800 rooms. If you love music and world-class hospitality, you may never want to leave the property. With every drink, meal and activity included, you won’t have to.
Occidental Caribe Resort Overview
The Occidental Caribe is a 4 star all-inclusive beach resort featuring 798 rooms and suites, 7 restaurants (specialty cuisines and buffet) 11 bars and lounges (including a swim-up pool bar), two lagoon-type pools surrounded by lush gardens and relaxation areas just yards from the beach and many fun activities.
Activities at Occidental Caribe in Punta Cana
In my opinion, the variety of activities at the Occidental Caribe resort are what sets it a part from the other resorts in Punta Cana. The activities are so family friendly!
Activities for Kids at Occidental Caribe
If you have small children, they will enjoy the beach, the kids club, or the kids pool:
Activities for Teens at Occidental Caribe
If you have older children, they will enjoy the trampoline, the trapeze, the rock climbing wall, learning to play chess on the life sized chess board and the nightly entertainment:
The Outdoor Rock Climbing Wall
The Outdoor Chess Game
Activities for Adults at Occidental Caribe
For adults there’s the pool, the beach, water activities, a nightclub, live music in the lobby bar, a gym, yoga and aerobics classes, beach volleyball and dart tournaments, a sports bar with billiards and ping pong and lots of interesting guests to meet.
The Occidental Caribe Restaurants and Food
The food at Occidental Caribe was delicious!
There are 7 a la carte restaurants to choose from around the world. Our favourites were the Italian and the Japanese restaurants. The chefs at the Japanese Restaurant were highly entertaining as they prepared teppanyaki for us. The stone fire pizza above the beach side buffet is a hidden gem with the most delicious BBQ pizza that you will ever experience!
Five More Reasons to Visit Occidental Caribe
- Water Sports: The warm Caribbean Ocean is at your disposal, go make it your playground. Check into the water sports area and book a SUP or kayak. You’ll have to pay extra for scuba, sailing, parasailing, and tubing, but if you’re on the beach, make the most of it!
- Freedom: Thanks to the all-inclusive set-up, it’s the ideal spot to try new foods and activities without racking up huge resort fees. Now is the time to try a Zumba class or sip a second margarita while listening to music. You don’t need to worry about making your reservation time!
- Entertainment: There’s always something going on. Highlights included the tribute to Michael Jackson show, Karaoke and the yoga classes. The team at Occidental Caribe go above and beyond to make guests delighted.
- Relaxing: It’s the perfect place to unplug. While there is Wi-Fi for a fee, it’s not the place where you’ll see folks staring at their phones. Families are connecting over all the activities. If you are looking for hi-speed internet and constant connection to your “other” life, this isn’t your spot. If you want to try on a new, more chill you, this is just the place to make it happen.
- Friendly Staff: Since they aren’t in it for tips, you might think the staff would get a little less sharp. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The team at Occidental Caribe seem to genuinely love their work and it shows. Not all all-inclusive resorts are created the same. Occidental Caribe s has figured a way to train their staff to be beyond welcoming and to nurture a property that is extremely conducive to slowing down.
Hey friend! What can I help you find?
Search my entire site!
When you think of the ocean, what typically comes to mind? For me it’s blue water, white sands, palm trees and the warm sun on your skin. If your definition of an ocean vacation is the same, then the Occidental Caribe Resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic will definitely not disappoint you.
PIN IT AND PLAN IT!
Use pinterest to save your vacation ideas. Be sure to let me know if you try out any of my suggestions.