This Summer Peach Salad has the perfect balance of sweet, salty, and fresh flavors! Featuring seasonal peaches, blueberries, avocado, red onions and blue cheese, this summer salad is perfect for a weeknight meal. Toss in a fresh mint vinaigrette dressing for an easy summer salad your whole family will love!
Why you’ll love this salad recipe
I can almost guarantee that, like me, you’ll love everything about this peach and blueberry salad! From the roasted pecans, red onions, and avocado on the bed of romaine lettuce to the combination of fresh peaches, and blue cheese and of course how well it is all complemented by the refreshing mint vinaigrette.
A juicy peach eaten right over the sink is sheer summer perfection. And yet, sometimes we’re lucky to have so many that we need to find other ways to eat them. When you’re ready for more than just pies, crisps, cobblers and crumbles, try this summer peach salad with fresh mint dressing!
Ingredients for Summer Peach Salad with Fresh Mint Dressing
To make the salad you’ll need
- Chopped romaine lettuce
- Peaches, pitted and sliced or cubed
- Avocados, pitted and sliced or cubed
- Red onion
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Roasted and salted pecans
To make the dressing you’ll need
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Fresh mint leaves
- Dijon mustard
- Minced garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
For the complete list of ingredients with measurements plus recipe instructions, please see the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to make this salad
This salad comes together quickly – in about 15 minutes. It doesn’t take very long to prep all your ingredients and I think the best way to toss this salad is with your hands. It’s a delicate salad and needs a light touch so it doesn’t fall apart. So if you don’t mind getting your hands covered in a little mint vinaigrette – then give it a toss!
- Prepare the mint dressing: Place the lemon juice, mint leaves, honey, mustard, and garlic into a food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are pureed. Add the olive oil and process until the dressing is well blended and the mint is fine. Adjust the taste with salt and black pepper. Process again to mix.
- Arrange: Arrange the salad ingredients into individual bowls or in a large serving bowl.
- Serve: Drizzle the peach salad with the mint dressing, or toss salad with the dressing – your choice!
TIPS AND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Read on for tips and substitution ideas on how to make this recipe, and how to avoid making it a disaster.
Feel free to play around with the ingredients in this salad — use a different lettuce blend, soft cheese, etc.
Can I Use Canned Peaches in This Salad?
I wouldn’t use canned peaches in this grilled chicken salad. They contain a lot more liquid and have a mushy texture.
How to store
Store salad and dressing separately. Store leftover mint dressing in an airtight mason jar for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Other summer salads to try
- Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad – This delicious and easy Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad is packed with fresh summer vegetables like fresh seasonal corn, radishes, zucchini, heirloom tomatoes straight from the Farmer’s Market or even from your garden – it’s coated with a simple dressing, making a tasty side dish.
- Summertime Strawberry Feta and Mint Salad – This Strawberry Feta and Mint Salad Recipe is super refreshing and the perfect balance between savory and sweet…the sweet honey homemade dressing is absolutely delicious!
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Salad – Featuring red, white and blue ingredients this fruit salad is the perfect way to add something healthy to your 4th of July or Memorial Day holiday table. This is sure to make you the life of the party.
If you’re looking for a healthy summer salad then look no further because I’ve got a DELICIOUS recipe for you!
This summer farro salad recipe with fresh grape tomatoes, cucumbers, basil from your garden and tasty vinaigrette is a perfect, easy meal prep idea or potluck side dish.
For the Peach Salad
- 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 to 4 peaches, pitted and sliced or cubed
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced or cubed
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup thinly sliced or diced red onion
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup roasted and salted pecans
For the mint dressing:
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- To prepare the mint dressing: Place the lemon juice, mint leaves, honey, mustard, and garlic into a food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are pureed. Add the olive oil and process until the dressing is well blended and the mint is fine. Adjust the taste with salt and black pepper. Process again to mix.
- Arrange the salad ingredients into individual bowls or in a large serving bowl.
- Serve the peach salad with the mint dressing.
If you loved this salad be sure to check out my Strawberry Feta and Mint Salad.
For tips, substitutions, storage and serving info be sure to read the full Summer Peach Salad recipe post..
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 516Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 370mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 10gSugar: 29gProtein: 8g
The provided nutrition information is an estimate and it does not take brands into account. I use an automatic API to calculate this information.
Feel free to look through the rest of my recipes and if you can’t find the recipe you’re looking for let me know and I’ll do my best to create it for you.