Good old Spanish comfort food made in a single pot – even the rice gets cooked right in the pot! This Spanish Rice recipe is made with ground beef for a main dish meal, ready in less than 30 minutes!
Today I am sharing a super easy Spanish Rice and Beans recipe that we love and make again and again. The girls love this recipe and they even help me by throwing all of the ingredients in the dutch oven. This is also one of those one pot recipes so clean-up is super easy.
Why you’ll love Spanish Rice
What do I love about this Spanish Rice recipe? It’s full of good for you beans, corn, read and green peppers and cheese. Beans contain a lot of soluble fibre, protein, carbohydrates, folate and iron, so this dish is good for you too! It’s also so easy to make and you use only one pot and that’s all. Clean up is a breeze and I often have left-overs for next day.
Ingredients you’ll need for Spanish Rice Beef Casserole:
- Long Grain Instant Rice, uncooked
- Extra lean ground beef, browned and drained
- Red bell pepper, diced or cut into strips
- Green bell pepper, diced or cut into strips
- Salsa, heat level to your preference
- Black beans, rinsed
- Chili powder
How to serve Spanish Rice
When ready to serve, you can eat this right out of the pan or serve it in a wrap with salsa and add sour cream, guacamole, salsa and lettuce to taste. Wrap and enjoy!We love it both ways, and the leftovers taste even better the next day!
Can you freeze Spanish Rice for later?
When it comes to freezing rice, it can get a little bit tricky. While it’s 100% possible to do so, there’s a chance that the texture might not be quite the same once it thaws. However, if you’re okay with that and know that ahead of time, you can freeze this rice recipe with success.
Just remember to use a freezer safe container or bag so it stays as fresh as possible!
Here’s the recipe for Spanish Rice:
- 3/4 cup Long Grain Instant Rice, uncooked
- 1 pound Extra lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced or cut into strips
- 1 Green bell pepper, diced or cut into strips
- 1 cup Salsa, heat level to your preference
- 1 cup Corn
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- Brown beef in a non-stick skillet and drain any excess fat.
- Stir in bell peppers and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in salsa, corn, black beans, water, rice and chili powder.
- Bring mixture to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside for 5-7 minutes, or until liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir gently, sprinkle shredded cheese over the surface, re-cover and set aside for an additional 2 minutes to melt the cheese. Add salt to taste.
Spoon mixture onto tortillas. Add sour cream, guacamole, salsa and lettuce to taste. Wrap and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 387mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 27g