SodaStream Cocktails

This post contains Amazon links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

In a recent survey conducted by Leger Marketing, only 56% of Canadians believe they drink enough water. The other 44% of us realise we’re falling short.  While I’m fully aware of the importance of drinking water and how much water I should be drinking (eight glasses a day), I find that drinking plain water is just not fun.

Recently my family received a SodaStream and we were asked to take the #SodaStreamChallenge. They challenged us to answer this question:

Would you drink more water if it was fun?

After a few weeks with our SodaStream Play I can honestly say that the answer was a resounding YES! Especially for my middle daughter, Brooke (7 yrs). As much as I try to get her to drink plain water from our water cooler – she just won’t. She likes flavour AND she likes bubbles.  
(I have to admit that I was the exact same way when I was a kid, and may still be a bit like this).


Using our SodaStream, here are 5 ways we made drinking water more fun for Brooke:

1. We added bubbles to it. The SodaStream was a quick and easy way to add bubbles to regular tap water, or to the reverse osmosis water from our water cooler. Brooke loves “bubble water” and she loved that she could do it herself.

2. We added fruit to it. Cucumber and lemon slices were her favourite.

3. We added flavour to it. SodaStream has a line of flavouring called Free – it’s free from artificial sweeteners, colours, flavours and preservatives – they are lightly sweetened with a natural sweetener: fructose.

SodaStream Free Kiwi Pear  Cranberry Raspberry

4. We involved our children. We let them choose the flavours, the amount of bubbles and which fruit to add to it.

5. We let Brooke mix and match flavours. She came up with some pretty interesting combos: Cherry cola with Kiwi Pear actually tastes a lot better than it sounds!


I took the SodaStream to the MasterChef party with my friends last week and we made some FUN  holiday cocktails with it!


The first cocktail I made up for my friends was this light and refreshing Mango, Kiwi and Pear drink:

[yumprint-recipe id=’18’]Then I made my friends this nice holiday inspired Cranberry Raspberry white wine spritzer:

[yumprint-recipe id=’19’]

[Tweet “Say “CHEERS” to the holidays with these two FUN SodaStream cocktails! “]

The two drinks were amazing, but I stuck to the spritzer for the rest of the night in an effort to minimize the hangover…

Overall the SodaStream was fun and easy to use, and the whole family thoroughly enjoyed making FUN drinks with it. Consider the #SodaStreamChallenge accepted and enjoyed.

Cheers to the holidays and to making water fun with the SodaStream!

Holly Jolly Christmas White Wine Spritzer

How do you make drinking water fun for your family?
Which of the two holiday cocktails do you think you would like best?

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


  1. Christine says:

    We have a sodastream and we love it! I have not tried the free products, sounds perfect!

  2. Abby @ BackAtSquareZero says:

    I definitely don’t drink enough water, what a fun what to get it in.

  3. Nicole @ Squash on Squash says:

    A few of my friends have SodaStream and they love it!!! While I am perfectly fine drinking flat water, I love the fact that there are so many different flavours that come with the SodaStream! Also, great recipes for the cocktails 🙂