Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Rice goes with almost everything from steak to chicken, to lean turkey meatballs. It’s super flavourful with lots of butter, garlic, parmesan, fresh parsley and salt and black pepper.
One of my favourite ways to eat cauliflower is making cauliflower rice. And this garlic parmesan version may be my favourite cauliflower rice dish. It’s buttery, garlicky and cheesy. It’s a dish I make with pasta and rice, but it works just as well with cauliflower.
It’s a complete dish on its own or it can be paired with a protein. I love just eating it a big bowl of this for lunch.
Here’s the thing about cauliflower. I don’t like it raw and I think it kind of stinks when it’s cooking. But once it’s cooked, however, it’s surprisingly mild in flavour! When you think of it, rice is pretty mild, too. The best part about rice is the texture and all the yummy stuff you stir into it. That’s why cauliflower is a great substitute for rice when you’re looking for something a little healthier!
Health Benefits of Cauliflower
- Cauliflower is a member of the cancer-fighting cruciferous family of vegetables. Cauliflower contains sulforaphane, a sulfur compound that has also been shown to kill cancer stem cells, thereby slowing tumor growth.
- Cauliflower is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich, and may boost both your heart and brain health. Cauliflower contains a wealth of anti-inflammatory nutrients to help keep inflammation in check, including indole-3-carbinol or I3C, an anti-inflammatory compound that may operate at the genetic level to help prevent the inflammatory responses at its foundational level.
- Eating cauliflower will provide your body with impressive amounts of vitamin C, vitamin k, beta-carotene, and much more while supporting healthy digestion and detoxification
If you are Paleo, doing the Whole30 food challenge, or just eating healthy, learning how to prep and freeze cauliflower rice can save you a lot of time in the kitchen and help you have healthy food on hand when you need it. Pick your favourite kitchen tool and go for it!
If you’re looking for a healthy summer salad then look no further because I’ve got a DELICIOUS recipe for you!
This Strawberry Feta and Mint Salad Recipe is super refreshing and the perfect balance between savory and sweet…the sweet honey homemade dressing is absolutely delicious! Enjoy this summertime salad with your favourite BBQ protein, or add grilled chicken for a complete dinner salad.
- 5 cups of raw cauliflower "rice" see note
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 6 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan over a stove top, add butter and minced garlic. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often, until garlic flavors are infused into the oil (melted butter). Careful to not let the garlic burn.
- In a large skillet, wok or frying pan, add cauliflower rice and bring to medium-high heat on the stovetop. Pour in butter mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top. Stir to mix and cook until cauliflower is tender. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir a few more times until everything is thoroughly mixed. Serve while warm. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
You'll need a large head of cauliflower. To make the cauliflower rice, I cut the cauliflower into florets and then briefly pulsed in the food processor until they are the size of grains of rice. You can also use frozen cauliflower rice.