A thick, frothy shake made with frozen bananas, low fat powdered peanut butter, chia seeds and chocolate almond milk. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie with Chia Seeds recipe is low fat and perfect for a snack or breakfast on the go.
Please note: The chia seeds and shaved chocolate on top of the smoothie in the photos are for aesthetic purposes only, chia seeds need to be soaked. Chia seeds can be a choking hazard or cause severe constipation or blockages since they expand with liquid.
The other day I ran into my neighbour in the grocery store. We were chit chatting while walking around the store when we came upon “The Sample Lady” giving out free samples of PB & Me peanut butter…. Mmmmm I love a good peanut butter! However this peanut butter was a little different – it was powdered! I’ve never seen powdered peanut butter before at my grocery store – I’ve seen it at health food stores but being able to buy it at my local grocery store is much more convenient.
After trying the PB & Me I had this genius idea to throw a few scoops into the blender with a frozen banana and chocolate almond milk. The result is a thick, peanut-buttery, uber chocolatey shake.
Did I mention it’s healthy? You can have your shake and drink it, too. Sold!
- Why you’ll love this chocolate peanut butter smoothie
- Ingredients you’ll need
- How to make this delicious smoothie
- Drink up & enjoy!
- Stay warm on this chilly fall day:
- Creamy Gnocchi Bacon Soup
- More Peanut Butter Recipes to try:
- Chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie with chia seeds
- Recommended Products
Why you’ll love this chocolate peanut butter smoothie
This smoothie is certainly delicious enough to be served as a faux milkshake, if you want to drink it post-meal at a time of day when such a thing is actually appropriate. I occasionally also add Kefir to my smoothies to make sure I get a dose of probiotics before I start the day, and a good helping of nut-based protein (in this case, peanut butter and almond milk). This smoothie is dairy-free and healthy. Just the sort of sweet beverage I need to wean me off of my morning muffin cravings.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Powdered Peanut Butter (PB & Me)
- Frozen banana
- Low fat plain greek yogurt
- Sugar free chocolate almond milk
- ice, optional
How to make this delicious smoothie
Making this smoothie (and pretty much any smoothie) is super easy – dump your ingredients into your blender (start with almond milk), blend until it’s smooth, and add ice to thicken it up if it’s too thin.
Drink up & enjoy!
Do you share a love for all things chocolate and peanut butter too?
Stay warm on this chilly fall day:
Gnocchi’s plump, pillowy texture and mild, delicate flavor make them perfect for rich, hearty soups like this Creamy Bacon, Corn and Gnocchi Soup. This soup is so comforting and delicious…it’ll warm you inside and out. One of the best soups that I have made in a long time. Enjoy!
More Peanut Butter Recipes to try:
- Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Energy Balls
- Healthy Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Best Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Best Ever Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1 ripe frozen banana
- 1 tbsp chia seeds, soak in almond millk overnight
- 1 tbsp powdered peanut butter, I prefer PB&Me
- 2 tbsp low fat greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate almond milk
- honey to taste
- ice, optional
- Add all ingredients in blender, starting with the almond milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- If too thin, add some ice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 Smoothie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 6.8gSaturated Fat: 1.5gUnsaturated Fat: 3.4gCholesterol: 8.8mgSodium: 115.2mgCarbohydrates: 45.9gFiber: 9.2gSugar: 20.5gProtein: 11.9g