These delicious Paleo Apple Cinnamon Muffins are the perfect way to start the day. They are a quick, grab and go breakfast recipe for busy weekday mornings but tasty enough as part of a weekend brunch. These paleo apple cinnamon muffins are sure to be a big hit!
These apple cinnamon muffins are my absolute favorite thing right now! Muffins always take me right back to my childhood when I would eat those giant ones from Mmmmmmmarvelous Muffins with my dad… prettyyy much every weekend. The chocolate chip and lemon poppyseed muffins were my favorite! Remember those?!?? Oh man, they were so good…but not exactly the best for me. 😉
Anyway, my love continues on as an adult with these apple cinnamon muffins! I wanted to create a muffin that wasn’t too sweet, and would make a great breakfast or snack on the go. One of the things I’ve learned about the Paleo diet is that you must have a PLAN in order to stick with it, and these fit right in! These are also super easy to make, as we all know by now that I don’t do complicated baking!
Now, if there’s one thing I know about grain-free baking, it’s that you’ve gotta use parchment muffin liners. Regular muffin liners will cause the muffin to stick… So you’ll just end up with only half of a sad muffin that you can eat. Let’s just say that I definitely learned this lesson the hard way, haha!
Another secret to these quick apple muffins is getting the apple pieces small enough to cook through by the time the muffins are done. You can use a food processor or mini chopper (I use my slap chop mini chopper), but I find using a grater is another fast way to do this. Just peel the apple and grate it until you get to the core.
[easy-tweet tweet=”These delicious Paleo Apple Cinnamon Muffins are the perfect way to start the day!” user=”salads4lunch” hashtags=”#paleorecipe” template=”light”]
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 5 tablespoons refined coconut oil, melted (if you use unrefined coconut oil there may be some coconut taste to the muffins)
- 1/3 cup pure Canadian maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated Gala apples
- 1 1/4 cups Gala apple chunks, about 1/4"
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a muffin pan with 8 muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (almond flour through nutmeg). Set this aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, oil, pure Canadian maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add the dry mix to the wet and mix just until combined.
- Gently fold in the grated apples and then the chopped apples.
- Divide the batter evenly among the liners, filling them almost full, and bake for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.