My youngest daughter, Amber loves to stick together with me to help me in the kitchen. We call her my shadow because of how close she likes to be next to me… constantly. When cooking, she also loves to lick the batter from her hands, so the other day I made a snack with her that was ok to eat raw: Energizing Peanut Butter Snack Bites.
Made with the goodness of Kraft All Natural Smooth Peanut Butter, honey, ground chia, quinoa and dark chocolate chips, this is a snack that is both delicious and nutritious.
The first thing we did was cook a 1/4 cup of quinoa. After we cooked it, we cooled the quinoa in the refrigerator while we mixed the remaining ingredients together in a medium bowl.
We then added the quinoa in and stirred everything together.
We then placed our bowl in the refrigerator to harden while we folded laundry together. Not only is Amber a good helper in the kitchen, but she’s also a good helper around the house. Finally 30 minutes had passed, and it was time to roll our Peanut Butter Snack Bites into tasty balls.
High in nutrients, the ground chia gives our Energizing Peanut Butter Snack bites it’s dark colour. The Kraft All Natural Smooth Peanut Butter gives it a delicious peanut flavour and holds everything together.
Amber and I stuck together and had a lot of fun making delicious Energizing Peanut Butter Snack Bites that the whole family could enjoy, and you can make them too!
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Basil
- 2 teaspoons Rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Thyme
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8-10 (1 pound | 500 g) baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch Asparagus (woody ends cut off)
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C | 400°F. Lightly grease a baking tray / sheet with cooking oil spray, or a light coating of oil. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a microwave, mix in thyme, rosemary, garlic and basil.
- Pour half of the butter mixture over the potatoes. Toss to evenly coat.
- Brush chicken with remaining butter mixture
- Place chicken onto the baking sheet / tray. Arrange the potatoes around the chicken in a single layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Toss asparagus in the remaining butter mixture.
- Remove baking tray from the oven and flip each chicken breast. Move the potatoes to one side and place the green beans around the chicken on the other side of the baking sheet. Pour over any remaining garlic butter and return to the oven to broil (or grill) on medium-high heat for a further 10 minutes, or until chicken is golden and crisp, and potatoes are cooked through.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley (optional), and serve immediately.
Share to WIN!
- Visit sheblogs Canada to enter the Make It Yours contest.
- By sharing a photo of your Peanut Butter Snack Bites recipe, you will be entered to win 1 of 4 Kraft Peanut Butter prize packs
Follow the hashtag #MyKPBsnackbite to join the conversation on Twitter and for more Peanut Butter Snack Bites recipes ideas visit www.sticktogether.ca
Although this post has been generously sponsored by Kraft Canada, the opinions and language are my own, and in no way do they reflect Kraft Canada.
Question/Sharing: What is your favourite stick together activity to do with your children?