These copycat homemade garlic cheddar biscuits take less than 20 minutes and taste even better than the ones from Red Lobster! I just know that you’re going to LOVE these Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits!
Send me to a deserted island with a lifetime supply of these biscuits and I’d be happy. They’re a homemade copycat version of the Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits, but I think these ones are even better. I’ve been making these for a few years but have never posted them, I have no clue why. They’re incredibly quick to make and smell like the best thing ever while they’re baking.
I have the fondest memories of Red Lobster. When my husband and I were still dating, it was always our go-to place for big celebrations, particularly for our birthdays. It was always a huge deal for us to order lobster, though I always preferred the Alaskan Snow Crab Legs. Whenever we went it was as if we had won the lottery! But other than the lobster and snow crab legs, there was something else on the menu that was just as lottery-worthy. It was, of course, the cheddar bay biscuits.
Now I don’t know about you guys but I absolutely love discovering copycat recipes from Pinterest. The best part about this copycat recipe is that it literally only takes 20 min to make! There’s no kneading or rolling of any kind. Simply stir everything together, drop them onto a baking sheet and that’s it. From there, you’ll have the flakiest, most fluffy biscuit you could possibly dream of, with a hit of spiciness from the cayenne pepper. And with that melted butter brushed right on, it is absolute perfection. Just be sure to practice some self control before you devour all 10 of these….
They smelled so good that my little one couldn’t wait to get her hands on them!
For the Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay seafood seasoning or other seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 6 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese about 1 1/4 cups
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
For the topping
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, garlic powder, cayenne, seafood seasoning, black pepper, and paprika.
- To the flour mixture, stir in the shredded cheddar and cream cheese.
- Stir in the buttermilk until just combined and forms a sticky dough.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons (1½ tablespoon) onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine the topping mixture of melted butter, garlic powder, and parsley.
- Brush the tops of the baked biscuits with the melted butter mixture and serve!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 Biscuit
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 964mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g
Pin it for later: