This week, the social media world is a buzzing about a metric known as Klout:
Klout Score measures influence based on your ability to drive action. Every time you create content or engage you influence others. The Klout Score uses data from social networks in order to measure:
- True Reach: How many people you influence
- Amplification: How much you influence them
- Network Impact: The influence of your network
In a nutshell, Klout is the standard for measuring social media influence. For many folks involved in marketing, PR and journalism this is an important metric. Your Klout score is how influential you are across the 12 different social networks that Klout measures:
- Google +
- Log into your wordpress powered, self-hosted blog’s admin panel and scroll to: Plugins => Add new and search for the term “JetPack”.
- Install the JetPack plugin, then click on “Connect to WordPress.com”:
- You will then be prompted to either enter your WordPress.com account info, or create a new account:
- Visit your Klout profile, find the WordPress icon, click on it and connect your wordpress.com account to Klout.