This is Day 6 of the March Healthy Living/Fitness Blogger Blogging Challenge. Please feel free to join in and share your blog post in the comments below and visit the other blogs that have linked up. For a list of suggested topics, please visit this post.
This is a tough post for me – I’m not really much of a cook. Now green beer? Yeah, I can definitely handle that 🙂 So now that I told you I’m not much of a cook, I’ll share with you three of my most popular green/irish recipes:
- Green Beans Sauteed in Bacon Grease
- Green Monster Smoothie
- Beef and Guinness Irish Stew
- 1/2 cup(s) elbow macaroni
- 1 cup(s) green split peas
- 1 cup(s) lentils (any kind)
- 1 cup(s) pearl barley
- 1/2 cup(s) dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoon(s) celery flakes
- 2 tablespoon(s) dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground pepper
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 12 cup(s) (3 quarts) beef broth
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart, wide-mouth canning jar. Place the macaroni in a plastic sandwich bag.
- Layer the ingredients as level as possible in this order: split peas, lentils, pearl barley, onion flakes, celery flakes, parsley, pepper and bagged macaroni.
- Secure the lid and decorate the jar as desired. Be sure to attach the recipe for making the soup!
- Coat a large pot or Dutch oven with cooking spray and warm over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, stirring constantly, about 4 minutes, or until no pink remains. Drain off excess fat.
- Add broth and all of the jar ingredients (except the bag of macaroni) to the pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add macaroni and continue to simmer another 10 minutes, or until peas are tender and macaroni is cooked. Serve hot. Refrigerate any leftover soup in an airtight container for up to a week.
Now it’s your turn… What is your favourite St. Patrick’s Day treat?
Participating in the March Healthy Living/Fitness Blogger Blogging Challenge? Then please feel free to join in and share your post in the comments below and be sure to check out some of the other blogs too. For a list of suggested topics, please visit this post.
PS – I have created a group Pinterest Board to share our posts from the blogging challenge to. If you would like to be added to the group board, please follow me on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/fitcheerldr so that I can follow you back and add you to the board.