This Easy Oven Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken is my new favorite chicken dish! This oven baked chicken breast recipe comes out so juicy and tender with gooey melted Parmesan that makes for an amazing flavor! Even better this recipe only needs 6 pantry ingredients + chicken breasts to make this easy baked chicken recipe!
- Why you’ll love this recipe
- Ingredients for Oven Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- 5 Steps to Easy Oven Baked Chicken
- How to tell when the chicken is baked all the way
- What to Serve with Oven Baked Chicken
- Other chicken recipes to try
- Easy Garlic Parmesan Oven Baked Chicken Recipe
- Nutrition Information:
Why you’ll love this recipe
This my friends, is a fantastic chicken recipe! The best part about it is that it’s SO EASY and packed with flavor! Seriously. This recipe only needs six pantry ingredients plus chicken breasts. I can throw this together in 5 minutes and serve it with a side of instant pot risotto and my family thinks that I made them gourmet meal :).
I love how the parmesan cheese gives this a delicious crust and the chicken is full of flavor and so tender. A great easy meal that everyone loves! This will definitely make it on your list of go-to meals when you are short on time but still want a nutritious dish! And on an even better note, it is kid- friendly as well.
Ingredients for Oven Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken
To make this recipe you’ll need the following 6 standard pantry items (plus 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts):
- Olive oil
- Bread crumbs
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Dried basil leaves
- Ground black pepper
5 Steps to Easy Oven Baked Chicken
I love the flavor combination that comes when you pair parmesan cheese with garlic. I love it even more when dinner is super easy to make and I can prep it all in about 5 minutes and then let it bake in the oven while I make risotto in the instant pot to go with it. Baking chicken, like this baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken recipe in the oven is a simple way to have an amazing dinner. Prep it and cook it and you are done! Here’s the 5 easy steps to follow to prepare a mouth watering meal.
Step 1 – Combine Ingredients in Bowls
In a bowl, blend the olive oil and garlic. In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper.
Step 2 – Dip Chicken
Dip each chicken breast in the oil mixture,
Step 3 – Bread Chicken
Then in dip each chicken breast in the bread crumb mixture.
Step 4 – Arrange Chicken
Arrange the coated chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish, and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
Step 5 – Bake Chicken
Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
How to tell when the chicken is baked all the way
The most important thing to remember when cooking chicken breasts in the oven is that you do not want to over cook them. If you over cook chicken breasts then you end up with dry chicken. No one wants that!
The easiest way to make sure you have juicy baked chicken is to check it with a meat thermometer. You want to cook the chicken breasts until they reach 165 degrees in the thickest part of the chicken breast.
What to Serve with Oven Baked Chicken
When I make this parmesan chicken breast recipe for dinner the ability to change things up with the side dishes we have with it are one of the reasons I love it so much.
I normally make buttery garlic asparagus and Creamy Parmesan Risotto. We love Parmesan cheese, I won’t deny that! But there are so many different recipes that go perfectly with this baked garlic parmesan chicken recipe.
If you are also looking for the another side dish, green beans with bacon is one of our favorites!
Other chicken recipes to try
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- ⅔ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, blend the olive oil and garlic.
- In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper.
- Dip each chicken breast in the oil mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange the coated chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish, and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 422mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 43g