While it may not be *officially* fall, it certainly looks and feels like it here:
The kids are back in school and summer is over here in Southern Ontario. Unfortunately, when she left she also took my motivation. I’ve been feeling over-tired and lazy lately (yes, the I don’t wannas even infect me). – I’ve been walking the kids home from school and then turning the TV on for them…. Bad bad bad mommy.
That said, I did manage to do little bit of running last week… I ran 8k on Tuesday, 5k on Friday, and 12.4K on Saturday. While I’m proud that I got a fair amount of my training in, I’m ashamed to admit that the I don’t wannas prevented me from following through on the Gruntstyle 2 Weeek Challenge.
It’s time for me to create Fall goals, and a fitness plan.
- To run a half marathon October 16th – I’ve kind of been training, but not quite hard enough.
- To play in a 5 week “Fall Ball” league on Sundays – I’m going to need to enlist the help of friends and family to watch the kids because hubby has to travel for work this month.
- To be more active with the kids – I need to pre-plan activities to do with the kids after school.
- Continue following my half marathon training plan – run 8k on Tuesdays and Thursdays with Amber in the jogger on my way to pick up the girls from school. Satuday mornings at 9 am have proved to be a good time to leave the family to go for my long runs – this week I’m aiming for 14k.
- Fall Ball starts this SUNDAY! I’ve registered with a friend (because everything is easier with a friend) and our team’s first game is this Sunday at 2:30 pm. Hubby is home this weekend (not traveling), but may have to work, so I may have to bug my parents to babysit.
- I’ve created a daily outdoor activity plan with the kids for this week. They have chosen to play soccer after school at the park with their friends today, tomorrow we will stop to play on the climbing structure, Thursday we will play hockey on the driveway, and Friday we will go on a nature walk to collect leaves.
Question/Sharing: How are you planning to change up your workout as summer ends?
MAMAVATION TV: Join us Monday night at 7pm PST/10pm EST on Mingle Media TV.
BLOGGING CARNIVAL: This week’s blogging carnival is sponsored by Mamavation. Two blogging carnival participants will receive part of the Ã…”Leah’s This Came to My Door Randomly and I’d Rather Give them to You Collection. Ã‚Â Answer the following question in your blog post and link back to the Mamavation website. Link up your post here.