Rise and grind my friends!
It’s MONDAY, and y’all know what that means …. It’s time for yet another instalment of Motivation Monday where I share with ya my thought/motto/mantra for the week, a summary of last week’s training accomplishments and my goals for this week.
- Monday: Lunch time spinning class ” rode 16.4k (I always check the odometer on the bike to see if I can beat my distance from the week before).
- Tuesday: 5.64 k run around the park at lunch (avg pace was 5:50/km)
- Wednesday: BodyPump class
- Thursday: Speedwork: four 1 mile fast repeats at 8:16 pace with ½ mile recovery jogs ” the blowing wind from the snowstorm was whipping me in the eyes, so I called it quits after only 3 x 1 mile repeats. Total distance: 8.03 k Avg pace: 5:46/k
5k run around the park at lunch. Worked through lunch to make up time.
BodyPump class. I rearranged my training plan and ran 16 k in the afternoon with my training partner (@egrrrl) because the hubby and I were going on a date Saturday night and I didn ‘t want to cut our date short just so I could run on Sunday morning. My training partner is AWESOME and rearranged her weekend schedule to run with me on snow covered sidewalks in the cold. Totals distance: 15.37 k Avg pace: 6:33/k
16k long run with my training partner. Spent the day cleaning the house, doing laundry and preparing for the week ahead (as per Day 22 of the 31 days to a Healthier You Challenge).
I ‘m entering the next week with the motto:
What does not kill me, makes me stronger.
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Twilight of the Idols, 1888
German philosopher (1844 – 1900)
My training plan is now entering the four highest mileage weeks that will hopefully really build my endurance and speed for the Chilly Half. This means that going to bed at a decent time to get the rest I need for recovery, along with fuelling my body with lots of lean protein, fruits, veggies, whole grains and my MultiVitamin is going to be keys to my success. I feel really tight/stiff today so I may need to fit some stretching/yoga into my plan for the next few weeks, or at least book myself in for a massage (or two).
Here’s my training plan for this coming week:
- Monday: Lunch time spinning class (part of my 75k Ride for Heart trainingli>
- Tuesday: 5 k easy run around the park at lunch.
- Wednesday: BodyPump class (I big puffy heart me some BodyPump.
- Thursday: Tempo Run: 8 k at 5:33/km pace.
- Friday: 5k easy run around the park at lunch.
- Saturday: BodyPump class.
- Sunday: 18k long run with my training partner (@egrrrl).
What will be your mantra for this week?Have a fantastic week everyone!!