As you transition your training from running only to swim, bike AND run here are some some tell-tale signs that triathlon training has begun to take over your world:
20. You have a bicycle in your bedroom.
19. You catch yourself blowing snot rockets at work.
18. The only “jewellery” you wear is a GPS watch and your Road ID.
17. Waking up at 6 am is considered sleeping in.
16. When your kids get hungry while out and about the only food you have to offer them are energy gels, protein bars and electrolyte tabs.
15. Your car looks like a transition area – there’s swim, bike and running gear scattered everywhere.
14. You can’t remember your anniversary date or the birth dates of your children but you can remember all of your splits from your past 10 years of racing.
13. You wear tall boots with your work clothes so that you can hide your compression socks underneath.
12. Your laundry is 75% workout clothes and 25%regular clothes.
11. It’s still light out when you go to bed.
10. You refuse outside help when you change a flat tire… on your car.
9. You consider work to be recovery period in between training sessions.
8. You put more mileage on your bike than your car.
7. Your “pajamas” are actually your workout clothes for the next morning.
6. You’re constantly looking forward to your next meal(s).
5. You no longer consider a “brick” to be a construction material.
4. When you drive past cars during your morning commute you duck into aero position and scream “ON YOUR LEFT!”.
3. Chlorine is your favourite perfume/cologne.
2. You don’t wear a skirt to work on Monday mornings because you don’t want your co-workers to know how old you are.
1. Your tan lines make it look like you’re still wearing a tri suit.
And a bonus one:
You have more water bottles in your cupboards than drinking glasses.