If your skin gets dry in the winter you’re not alone – approximately 1 in every 32 Canadians suffer daily from skin dryness, itchiness, and redness. Winter running leaves my face extremely dry and my hands red and cracked. Unfortunately it’s now that time of the year when skin is at it’s driest we need to be extra careful with our skin. Because we can’t spend our winter hibernating or migrating to a warmer climate (as much as I want to) the following are 5 tips that will help you deal with those dreaded winter skin woes for healthier winter skin.
- Moisturize throughout the day. Use a moisturizing facial mask and try using body lotion even before you’ve left the shower, right after rinsing soap or body wash. It will help lock in some extra moisture.
- Skip the alcohol. Avoid skin and hairstyling products that have a high alcoholic content. When alcohol evaporates, it feels cool and refreshing, but it also strips away moisture, so opt for alcohol-free products, when the air is already dry.
- Lock in moisture. After using products containing shea butter, petrolatum, mineral oil, tea tree oil or glycerin. For intense relief, moisturise hands and feet at night, and then slip on gloves or socks to lock in the moisture.
- Skip the hot shower. Hot water showers may feel great in winter, but they wreak havoc on your already dry skin. Try a lukewarm shower instead, and then pat your skin dry with a towel.
- Seek advice from the experts. Visit a Shoppers Drug Mart store near you where their Beauty Experts offer in-store complimentary skin care consultations! The Beauty Experts will complete a skin analysis using the beautyRx tool, a Video Microscope that magnifies your skin’s surface by 30 times to help diagnose your skin type and a Moisture Checker that measures you skins hydration levels. Based on your readings, the Beauty Expert will recommend skin care products accordingly.
Shoppers Drug Mart has got your winter skin covered
Shoppers Drug Mart has a wide selection of new skin care products to keep you and your family’s skin healthy this winter so visit Shoppers Drug Mart to check out the assortment of skin care products, receive a complimentary beautyRx Skin Analysis plus earn Shoppers Optimum Points on participating skin care products!
Bring it on winter, we’re ready for you!!
Do you suffer from dry skin in the winter?
What’s your favourite skin care product for winter skin?
Although this post has been generously sponsored by Shoppers Drug Mart, the opinions and language are my own, and in no way do they reflect Shoppers Drug Mart.