Before I tell you more about iSmoothRun, let me share with you a bit of my history with running apps (bear with me)….
4 years ago I began tracking my runs with my iPod Nano and the just introduced at the time, the Nike+ iPod Sport Kit. Tracking my runs and seeing my results (running further, running faster and running more often) really motivated me. When my iPod Nano died a slow and painful death (it stopped holding a charge), I stopped running. I needed the feedback to feel motivated. So after 6 months of feeling crappy and not running I then bought an iPod Touch to replace my Nano – Trust me, I struggled with this decision: Garmin or an iPod Touch? For many (myself included) Garmin = “real runner”, but I couldn’t see spending upwards of $200 for a Garmin when I could capture the same running data from an iPod, and also have music, wifi, etc… I loved my iPod Touch and the Nike Plus app – I told everyone that would listen about it.
Enter the iPhone… Fall 2010, much to my husband’s disapproval, I upgraded to an iPhone4. The iPhone opened up a world of GPS running apps, and trust me, I tried them all: Nike+GPS, RunKeeper, RunMeter GPS, iMapMyRun, iRunner, etc..
Run further. Run faster. Train smarter.
That’s the tagline of the iSmoothRun iPhone app and with good reason…. It’s awesome!!!!!!
(yes – totally deserving of six exclamation points).
It does EVERYTHING a runner or cyclist could ever want! (For just $4.99)!
Take your run from the dreadmill to the out doors? YES!
Using both the GPS and the Accelerometer iSmoothRun literally follows you in every step of your training. You can even start your run outdoors, and move indoors on a dreadmill. iSmoothRun will automatically switch modes and continue tracking. If you own a ANT+ footpod you can connect with it too.
Auto Pause? YES!
Stopped at a traffic light, or on the top of your climb to catch a glimpse of the view? iSmoothRun will pause and start automatically as soon as you are on the move again.
Heart Rate Tracking? YES!
Heart rate monitoring is a great way to advance your training. Pair iSmoothRun with your ANT+ Heart rate belt through a Wahoo Fisica key and let the App track every heart beat. Now with Heart Rate Zones support. You have an Analog HRM? Connect with the Runalyzer key.
Improve your running cadence? YES!
iSmoothRun will consistently track your running cadence. Use the built in metronome to easily raise it, improve your running style, run longer and avoid injuries. It’s no coincidence that it’s called iSmoothRun.
Track your Shoe mileage? YES!
Every runner knows that tracking the mileage of his running shoes is essential. Now it’s easier than ever. You can track your mileage with iSmoothRun.
Check your run on a map? YES!
With one glance see where you were fast or slow. Your path is colored by pace!
Check your workout statistics? YES!
Average pace/speed, cadence, total distance, time, average/maximum heart rate and climb. Splits and interval statistics. Graphs for pace cadence heart rate and altitude. All that during and after the workout.
Broadcast your Run? YES!
Share your run with your loved ones in real time through RunKeeper Live.
Be social? YES!
iSmoothRun automatically can post to Facebook, tweet your activities, sync with RunKeeper AND DailyMile. Don’t use the same message as everyone else. Create your own personal message templates with embedded data from your workout.
Auto log weather conditions? YES!
Because you might have been slow for a reason….
Listen to your music? YES!
Music is scientifically proven to be a great motivator. iSmoothRun is compatible with iPod – it will properly lower the volume for the announcements and then restore it. You listen to Podcasts? No problem.
Folks I could gush ALL DAY about this app, but instead I think you should see this for yourself:
And guess what?
iSmoothRun has given me SIX promo codes to giveaway to six lucky readers!!
- Leave a comment sharing with me what motivates you to run.
Bonus entries (leave a separate comment for each one completed):
- Follow @fitcheerldr on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/salads4lunch
- “Like” Fitness Cheerleader on FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/fitnesscheerleader
- Tweet this giveaway:
- Want to run faster? http://ow.ly/1Fxm0B Enter to win the @ismoothrun giveaway from @fitcheerldr!
(giveaway closes on February 11th at midnight)
- This review is an honest review of the iSmoothRun iPhone app and I have not been compensated in any way. I downloaded iSmoothRun when it was free for a day on iTunes to try out because I heard great things about it, and totally fell in love with it. The author of the app found my “5 iPhone Apps That Will Make You a Faster Runner” post, contacted me and offered me 6 promo codes to giveaway iSmoothRun to my readers. There was no requirement to write a separate post, or a review, but I love the app so much that I felt my original post didn’t allow me to gush about how much I LOVE iSmoothRun enough, so I wrote this post. PS – there are Amazon Affiliate links within this post.
Giveaway Terms & Conditions:
- Giveaway open to ANYONE.
- This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or in association with Facebook.
- The iSmoothRun giveaway entry is completely free and no purchase is necessary.
- Every time you complete any of the above entries you must leave a separate comment for each on this blog post. You must comment below for your entry to count.
- By entering this giveaway, you agree to release fitnesscheerleader.com and all associated parties of any liability.
- You will not hold fitnesscheerleader.com liable for any damages (compensatory, consequential, incidental, or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the use of the prize awarded if chosen as a winner.