While I was freezing my butt off in the dark chasing the tails of my two fast mommy running friends at 6 am, I had a few random thoughts that I thought I would share with you. I was running without music because I was supposed to be running with my friends, but truthfully I couldn’t keep up with them, so I couldn’t hear anything they were talking about. I didn’t mind though because one thing I love about running is being alone with my thoughts, even if they are incredibly mundane and boring. I kind of like that the only things I have to think about are mundane, it means I have it pretty good and should be grateful for that. I also didn’t mind chasing my friends either, they have cute bums and trying to keep up with them forces me to push the pace harder than I would on my own. My new heart rate monitor (that I owe ya a review of) said I was running in the right zone for a tempo run so that was a bonus too.
Anyways, onto my extremely random thoughts:
- I’m so slow, I can’t keep up with these guys.
- I should give up chips, and sugar for a month, maybe that would help me to be a faster runner?
- No way! I can’t do that! Maybe I should do it like my alcohol resolution – I’m only allowed chips and sugar (yummy baked treats) on Saturdays?
- Man I love cookies!
- I wonder what would benefit my running more? Nutritional changes? Heart rate training? Or strength training?
- Secret option – all 3.
- Man it’s cold out! My face and thighs are freezing but my hands are so sweaty!
- When will this run be over?
I’m going to miss my morning runs when hubby is working in Chicago for 8 weeks.
- It’s -29C with the windchill and it’s 6am, I can’t believe I just randomly considered missing this.
- How am I going to get my training in while hubby is gone? Will I cycle more on my trainer or just end up sleeping in?
- I need a dreadmill.
- Ha! Even though I love running, I would never use a dreadmill.
- Like the pool – I rarely swim laps in it. It’s so much prettier to look at.
- I miss summer.
- Ooooooh summer… the triathlon. Man I need to start swimming and biking more, crap.
- Why did I sign up for that race? Why do I do that to myself?
I write a lot about my training, but truthfully I have such a love/hate relationship with it. Even during a workout I flip from loving what I’m doing to hating it so freaking much that I can’t wait for it to be over. But you know what? I feel so good afterwards! Words can never do it justice, and that’s why I keep doing what I do.
Linking up with Running with Spoons Thursdays are for Thinking Outloud.
Have an active and healthy day!
How do you keep your sugar and chip cravings in check?