Here are five healthy habits that I do every day, without even putting much thought into it, that have helped me reach my fitness goals.
These are not complex or hard things, just little things that when put altogether has led to some really big changes:
- I walk – I park a kilometre away from my office and walk those two kilometres every day. I also go for a 30 minute walk on my lunch break, and take the stairs instead of the elevators.
- I plan my workouts – Every Sunday I plan out my workouts for the week, then every night I look up the planned workout for the next day to prepare myself mentally for what lies ahead. I also prepare by packing or lying out my workout gear for the next morning.
- I have found a way to enjoy my workouts – I have found activities that I enjoy so that I will do them more often. I love running, yoga and some weight lifting. I have made friends with others who enjoy the same activities which has made my workouts even more enjoyable.
- I sleep – actually, I sleep a lot! I go to bed a minimum of 7.5 hours before I need to get up for the day. If I’m getting up to meet my friends for a morning run (something we do every Tuesday and Thursday morning) I go to bed earlier the night before. Getting enough sleep helps me to be happier and have enough energy for that day’s workout.
- I stay active outside of the gym – as mentioned, I walk a kilometre to and from the office every day. I also plan active weekend activities with my kids. We ride our bikes, go swimming, skating and play at the park. Sitting is really bad for us so I try to move when I can.
I bet you that you too can develop healthy habits that will help you reach your goals!
What healthy habits are part of your regular routine?
Pin for later: